Disclosure: This project was partially funded by a grant from McDonald's Corporation, Oak Brook, IL to Drs. Wansink and Hanks, who were responsible for data analysis and drafting this manuscript. Brian Wansink, PhD, is a member of McDonald's® Corporation's Global Advisory Council.
Brief Cutting Edge Reports
Calorie reductions and within-meal calorie compensation in children's meal combos
Version of Record online: 23 DEC 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 3, pages 630–632, March 2014
How to Cite
Wansink, B. and Hanks, A. S. (2014), Calorie reductions and within-meal calorie compensation in children's meal combos. Obesity, 22: 630–632. doi: 10.1002/oby.20668
Author Contributions: Dr. Hanks had full access to all the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis. Both Dr. Wansink and Dr. Hanks substantially contributed to the interpretation of the results and the writing of the manuscript.
- Issue online: 5 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 23 DEC 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 NOV 2013 10:30PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 OCT 2013
- 4schools' healthful lunch menu panned by students. LA Times December 7, 2011. URL: http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/17/local/la-me-food-lausd-20111218. Last accessed May 31, 2013..
- 6Trigger foods alter vegetable and fruit selection in school lunchrooms. Agric Res Econ Rev 2012;41:114–123., , .
- 11Why Are Americans Consuming Less Fluid Milk: A Look at Generational Differences in Intake Frequency, ERR-149, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, Washington, D.C., May 2013., , .
- 12Slim by Design: Mindless Eating Solutions for Everyday Life. New York: William Morrow; 2014..
- 18No financial disincentive for choosing more healthful entrees on children's menus in full-service restaurants. Prev Chron Dis 2013;10:1-4.,
- 19Exploratory analysis of fast-food chain restaurant menus before and after implementation of local calorie-labeling policies, 2005–2011. Prev Chron Dis 2013;10:1–8., , , .