Per-Arne Svensson and Kristin Lindberg contributed equally to this work.
Characterization of brown adipose tissue in the human perirenal depot
Article first published online: 22 APR 2014
Copyright © 2014 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 8, pages 1830–1837, August 2014
How to Cite
Svensson, P.-A., Lindberg, K., Hoffmann, J. M., Taube, M., Pereira, M. J., Mohsen-Kanson, T., Hafner, A.-L., Rizell, M., Palming, J., Dani, C. and Svensson, M. K. (2014), Characterization of brown adipose tissue in the human perirenal depot. Obesity, 22: 1830–1837. doi: 10.1002/oby.20765
Funding agencies: Funding was obtained from The Sahlgrenska Academy (to PAS and KL), The University of Gothenburg/Sahlgrenska University Hospital (LUA/ALF ALFGBG-11379, −140421 to PAS and MKS), the Regional FoU-support Västra Götalandsregionen (VGFOUREG-12052) and the Swedish Heart and Lung Foundation project (20100648 to KMS), 7TH Framework program International Research Staff Exchange Scheme (IRSES), FUEGO project to PAS.
Disclosure: The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.
Author Contributions: PAS, MR, JP, CD, MKS designed research, MJP, MR, JP, MKS performed patient and biopsy work, PAS, KL, JMH, MT, MJP, TMK, JP performed expression analysis, TMK, ALH, CD performed steam cell work, PAS, KL wrote the first draft of the paper, All authors provided critical revision of the manuscript.
- Issue published online: 26 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 22 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 APR 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 3 APR 2014
- Manuscript Received: 16 SEP 2013
This article has been cited by:
- 1Determination of UCP1 expression in subcutaneous and perirenal adipose tissues of patients with hypertension, Endocrine, 2015,, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2Evaluation of reference genes for gene expression studies in human brown adipose tissue, Adipocyte, 2015, 4, 4, 280, , , , , , , ,
- 3Global gene expression profiling of brown to white adipose tissue transformation in sheep reveals novel transcriptional components linked to adipose remodeling, BMC Genomics, 2015, 16, 1, , , , , , , , , ,