I would like to thank Christine Demmer, James Leach, Adrian Muckle, Andrew Lattas, and the two anonymous reviewers most sincerely for their comments on the first versions of this text, which was initially circulated among the participants of a panel on ‘Villages and their alters in Melanesian social worlds’ organized under the aegis of the Association for social anthropology in Oceania (ASAO) and convened in Santa Cruz (2009) and Honolulu (2011) by Courtney Handman and Rupert Stasch, whom I warmly thank here. Many thanks to Susan Cox too for the quick and careful proofreading.
Locality, Mobility and Governmentality in Colonial/Postcolonial New Caledonia: The case of the Kouare tribe (xûâ Xârâgwii), Thio (Cöö)†
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2013
© 2013 Oceania Publications
Volume 83, Issue 2, pages 130–146, July 2013
How to Cite
Le Meur, P.-Y. (2013), Locality, Mobility and Governmentality in Colonial/Postcolonial New Caledonia: The case of the Kouare tribe (xûâ Xârâgwii), Thio (Cöö). Oceania, 83: 130–146. doi: 10.1002/ocea.5009
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!