Metal-Conjugated Affinity Labels: A New Concept to Create Enantioselective Artificial Metalloenzymes
Version of Record online: 20 FEB 2013
© 2013. The Authors. ChemistryOpen published by WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim. This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Volume 2, Issue 2, pages 50–54, April 2013
How to Cite
Reiner, T., Jantke, D., Marziale, A. N., Raba, A. and Eppinger, J. (2013), Metal-Conjugated Affinity Labels: A New Concept to Create Enantioselective Artificial Metalloenzymes. ChemistryOpen, 2: 50–54. doi: 10.1002/open.201200044
- Issue online: 23 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 15 NOV 2012
- Funded Access
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology Global Collaborative Research (KAUST-GCR, Saudi Arabia). Grant Number: FIC/2010/07
- 22bCrystal structures of the papain–E64c complex report formation of a covalent bond between the epoxy C2 atom of E64c and the thiol residue of papain Cys 25.
- 31Purification of OMEHs via dialysis, nominal weight cut-off filters or size-exclusion chromatography was hampered by aggregation of the protein or changed catalytic behavior (indicating alteration of the inner coordination sphere of the metal center). Studies including the purification and optimization of enzymatic excesses of OMEHs are ongoing.