- Top of page
- 1 What is the most significant result of this study?
- 2 What was the biggest challenge (on the way to the results presented in this paper)?
- 3 Did you expect a very different outcome? If so, what was your initial guess?
- 4 What future opportunities do you see (in the light of the results presented in this paper)?
- 5 What is in your opinion an upcoming research theme likely to become one of the ‘hot topics′ in the near future?
Invited for this months cover is the group of Prof. Maxim V. Berezovski. The cover picture shows the two-dimensional separation of unfolded (green) and folded (red) forms of G-quadruplex (GQ) DNA. The first dimension is kinetic capillary electrophoresis (KCE) separation of unfolded and folded DNA with different K+ concentrations in solution; the second dimension is ion mobility mass spectrometry separation of DNA conformers in the gas phase. DNA folding into a compact GQ structure is mediated by K+ ions. For more details, see the Full Paper on p. 58 ff.