Alex Marlandis completing a PhD with the Department of Politics and International Relations at Lancaster University. He is preparing a dissertation on marketing in the 2000 Canadian general election, with an emphasis on constituency-level electioneering. Alex is also an instructor with the Department of Political Science at the Memorial University of Newfoundland. Previously he managed research projects ranging from airline branding to government tobacco policy with organisations in Ottawa and St John's.
Marketing political soap: a political marketing view of selling candidates like soap, of electioneering as a ritual, and of electoral military analogies
Version of Record online: 10 JUL 2006
Copyright © 2003 Henry Stewart Publications
Journal of Public Affairs
Volume 3, Issue 2, pages 103–115, May 2003
How to Cite
Marland, A. (2003), Marketing political soap: a political marketing view of selling candidates like soap, of electioneering as a ritual, and of electoral military analogies. J. Publ. Aff., 3: 103–115. doi: 10.1002/pa.139
- Issue online: 10 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 10 JUL 2006
- Manuscript Received: 5 FEB 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!