Water stewardship and corporate sustainability: a case study of reputation management in the food and drinks industry
Article first published online: 25 JUN 2014
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Public Affairs
Volume 15, Issue 1, pages 116–126, February 2015
How to Cite
2015), Water stewardship and corporate sustainability: a case study of reputation management in the food and drinks industry, J. Public Affairs, 15, pages 116–126, doi: 10.1002/pa.1534, and (
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2015
- Article first published online: 25 JUN 2014
- 2008. Corporate Social Responsibility: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Critical Sociology 34(1): 51–79. .
- CSR Europe. 2009. Trends and best practice in online reporting CSR/sustainability reporting, http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/sustainable-business/corporate-social-responsibility/reportingdisclosure/swedishpresidency/files/surveys_and_reports/trends_and_best_practice_in_online_csr_and_sustainability_rep_en.pdf last accessed 25/02/2014
- CSR Quest. 2014. Corporate sustainability definition, http://www.csrquest.net/default.aspx?articleID=13113&heading last accessed 24/04/2014
- 2006. Business and Social Reputation: Exploring the Concept and Main Dimensions of Corporate Reputation. Journal of Business Ethics 63(4): 361–370. , , .
- 2002. Beyond the business case for corporate sustainability. Business Strategy and the Environment, 11(2): 130–141. , .
- Deloitte. 2012a. Going from good to great: ways to make your sustainability report business critical, https://www.deloitte.com/view/en_US/us/Services/additional-services/sustainability-climate-change/8918785fc75b9310VgnVCM3000001c56f00aRCRD.htm?id=blog_sustainability_0919122 last accessed 13/03/2014
- Deloitte. 2012b. Ripple effects: why water is a CFO issue, http://deloitte.wsj.com/riskandcompliance/files/2013/04/us_cfo_CFO-Insights_Ripple_Effects_Why_Water_is_a_CFO_Issue_080212.pdff last accessed 30/04/2014
- 2000. Sustainability and sustainable development. In Sustainability: The Corporate Challenge of the 21st Century, Dunphy D, Beneveniste J, Griffiths A, Sutton P (eds). Allen and Unwin: Sydney. .
- 2011. Reputation Management: The Key to Successful Public Relations and Corporate Communications. Routledge: London. , .
- Ernst & Young and GreenBiz (2012). Six growing trends in corporate sustainability, http://www.greenbiz.com/sites/default/files/1112-1315117_CCaSS_SixTrends_FQ0029_lo%20res%20revised%203.7.2012.pdf last accessed 12/03/2013
- 1997. The Reputational Landscape. Corporate Reputational Review 1(1/2): 5–13. , .
- Global Association of Corporate Responsibility Offficers. 2011. ‘Defining and developing the corporate sustainability professional’, http://www.gacso.org/Resources/Documents/defining%20the%20corporate%20sustainability%20professional.pdf
- Global Reporting Initiative. 2007. Sustainability reporting 10 years on, http://www.globalreporting.org/NR/rdonlyres/430EBB4E-9AAD-4CA1-9478-FBE7862F5C23/0/Sustainability_Reporting_10years.pdf last accessed 25/02/2014
- 2009. Consumerism, Self-creation and Prospects for a New Ecological Consciousness. Journal of Cleaner Production 18(6): 571–575. .
- 2002. The limits of technological solutions to sustainable development, http://dub.thayer.dartmouth.edu/~d30345d/courses/engs171/Limits-to-Sustainability.pdf last accessed 15/04/2014 .
- 2006. Competing discourses of sustainable consumption: does the ‘rationalisation of lifestyles’ make sense?. In The Earthscan Reader in Sustainable Consumption, Jackson T (ed). Earthscan: London. .
- 2010. Producing crisis: green consumerism as an ecopedagogical issue. In Critical Pedagogies of Consumption, Sandlin JA, McLaren P (eds). Routledge: New York. .
- 2006. GMO's and sustainability, http://www.cesagen.lancs.ac.uk/resources/docs/GMOs_and_Sustainability_August_2006.pdf last accessed 15/02/2014 , , .
- KPMG. 2012. ‘Expect the Unexpected: Building Business Value in a changing world’. Business Strategy and the Environment, 11(2): 130–141. http://www.kpmg.com/Global/en/IssuesAndInsights/ArticlesPublications/Documents/building-business-value-exec-summary.pdf
- 2011. Corporate Social Responsibility: Sustainable Water Use. Journal of Cleaner Production 19(8): 852–866. .
- 2014. State of green business 2014, http://www.greenbiz.com/research/report/2014/01/19/state-green-business-report-2014?ms=45828 last accessed 23/04/2104 .
- Oxfam. 2014. Company scorecard, http://www.behindthebrands.org/en-gb/company-scorecard last accessed 20/04/2014
- 2011. The real world application of corporate sustainability, http://www.environmentalleader.com/2011/07/17/the-real-world-application-of-corporate-sustainability/ last accessed 17/04/2014 .
- 2008. Sustainable consumption and mass communication: a German experiment, http://www.csiro.au/files/files/pm9m.pdf last accessed 16/06/2013 , , .
- 2009. Research Methods for Business Students. Prentice-Hall: Harlow. , , .
- 2005. Prices and Quantities: Unsustainable Consumption and the Global Economy. Ecological Economics 55: 309–320, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0921800905003204# last accessed 27/11/2014 .
- Texas Instruments. 2014. 2012 corporate citizenship report, http://www.ti.com/corp/docs/csr/2012/company/sustainability.shtml last accessed 03/04/2014
- United Nations Global Compact. 2013. Global corporate sustainability report 2013, http://www.unglobalcompact.org/docs/about_the_gc/Global_Corporate_Sustainability_Report2013.pdf last accessed 30/04/20
- World Commission on Environment and Development. 1987. Our common future, http://www.un-documents.net/ocf-02.htm last accessed 13/07/2013
- 2002. ‘Multiple Levels of Corporate Sustainability’. http://vanmarrewijk.nl/pdf/021206131353.pdf , .
- 2010. ‘Global threats to water security and river biodiversity’, Nature 477 (7315): 555–561. , , , , , , , , , , .