Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and should not be taken as representative of the United Kingdom Department for International Development.
Another lost decade? The future of reform in Latin America†
Version of Record online: 19 SEP 2003
Copyright © 2003 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Public Administration and Development
Volume 23, Issue 4, pages 297–305, October 2003
How to Cite
Santiso, C. (2003), Another lost decade? The future of reform in Latin America. Public Admin. Dev., 23: 297–305. doi: 10.1002/pad.294
This article is based on a review of the following books: Barbara Stallings and Wilson Peres. Growth, Employment and Equity: The Impact of the Economic Reforms in Latin America and the Caribbean. Brookings Institution Press and United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean: Washington DC, 2000, xiv + 252 pp., US$22.95 (paperback). ISBN: 0-8157-8087-7; Jeffrey Stark (ed.). The Challenge of Change in Latin America and the Caribbean. University of Miami North South Centre Press: Miami, 2001, 276 pp., US$25.00 (paperback). ISBN 1-57454-076-9; Philip Oxhorn and Pamela Starr (eds). Markets and Democracy in Latin America: Conflict or Convergence? Lynne Rienner Publishers: Boulder London, 1999, 290 pp., US$27.00 (hardcover). ISBN 1-555-87716-8; Bruce Bueno de Mesquita and Hilton L. Root (eds). Governing for Prosperity. Yale University Press: New Haven, 2000, 272 pp., US$18 (paperback) and US$35 (hardcover). ISBN: 0-30008-018-2 and ISBN 0-30008-017-4.
- Issue online: 19 SEP 2003
- Version of Record online: 19 SEP 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!