Special Issue Article
Institutional learning and adaptation: Developing state audit capacity in China
Version of Record online: 20 JAN 2009
Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Public Administration and Development
Special Issue: State Capacity Building in China
Volume 29, Issue 1, pages 33–41, February 2009
How to Cite
Gong, T. (2009), Institutional learning and adaptation: Developing state audit capacity in China. Public Admin. Dev., 29: 33–41. doi: 10.1002/pad.508
- Issue online: 20 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 20 JAN 2009
- 2000. The dialectics of accountability forperformance in public management reform. International Review of Administrative Sciences 66(15): 45–55. , .
- 1997. Central audit institutions and performance auditing: a comparative analysis of organizational strategies in the OECD' Governance. An International Journal of Policy and Administration 10(3): 235–260. .
- 2000. Capacity Development: What, Why and How, Occasional series on capacity development, Canadian International Development Agency, Policy Branch, 1(1). .
- 1991. Shaping the Political Arena: Critical Junctures, the Labor Movement, and Regime Dynamics in Latin America. Princeton University Press: Princeton, NJ. , .
- 2006. New trends in China's corruption: change amidst continuity. In China's Deep Reform: Domestic Politics in Transition, DittmerL, LiuGL (eds) Rowman & Littlefield: Lanham, MD; 451–499. .
- 2008. Corruption in China's industrial restructuring: where, how and why state assets get lost? China Information in press. , .
- 2007. The evolving role of supreme audit institutions. The Journal of Government Financial Management 56(3): 28–32. .
- GrindleMS (ed.) 1997. Getting Good Government: Capacity Building in the Public Sectors of Developing Countries. Harvard Institute for International Development, Harvard University: Cambridge, MA.
- 2007. Lianzheng shenji (Anti-corruption Audit). Fangzheng chubanshe: Beijing. .
- 1984. Culture: cultural politics and political construction of audiences in China. In Three Visions of Chinese Socialism, SolingerDJ (ed.) Westview Press: Boulder, CO. .
- 1990. A Course in Microeconomic Theory. Princeton University: Princeton, NJ. .
- 2004. Governance and Economic Development in Africa: Meeting the Challenge of Capacity Building. World Bank: Washington, DC. .
- 1998. Accounting and Auditing in China. Ashgate: Brookfield, VT. , , .
- 2004. Ownership, Leadership and Transformation: Can We Do Better for Capacity Development?. Earthscan: London. , .
- 1994. Growing Out of the Plan: Chinese Economic Reform, 1978–1993. Cambridge University: Cambridge, MA. .
- OECD. 2006. The Challenge of Capacity Development: Working towards Good Practice. Accessed on July 1, 2008 at: http://www.adb.org/Documents/Books/Capacity-Development-Practical-Guide/default.asp
- 2006. China's Trapped Transition: the Limits of Developmental Autocracy. Harvard University: Cambridge, MA. .
- 2004. Politics in Time: History, Institutions, and Social Analysis. Princeton University: Princeton, NJ. .
- 1997. The Audit Society: Rituals of Verification. Clarendon: Oxford, UK. .
- 2000. Sate audit—panacea for the crisis of accountability? An empirical study of the Israel case. International Journal of Public Administration 23(4): 405–433. .
- ShambaughD (ed.) 2000. The Modern Chinese State. Cambridge University: New York.
- 1998. Forging Reform in China: the Fate of State-Owned Industry. Cambridge University: New York. .
- 1968. Contracting Social Theories. Harcourt Brace Jovanovich: New York. .
- 2003. Accounting and Finance in China: A Review of Current Practice. Sweet & Maxwell Asia: Hong Kong. , , .
- 2003. How institutions evolve: insights from comparative historical analysis. In Comparative Historical Analysis in the Social Sciences, MahoneyJ, RueschemeyerD (eds). Cambridge University: New York; 208–240. .
- 2008. On the economic responsibility audit of leading government cadres. Dangdai jingji (Contemporary Economics) 2: 35–36. .
- 1999. Audit, Accountability and Government. Clarendon: Oxford. , .
- 2007. Zhengfu shenji zhize yanjiu (A Study of the Government's Audi Duty). Zhongguo caizheng jingji chubanshe: Beijing. .
- 2004a. Remaking the Chinese Leviathan: Market Transition and the Politics of Governance in China. Stanford University: Stanford, CA. .
- 2004b. Zhongguo guojia shenji: wenti yu gaige (Sate Audit in China: Problem and Reform). Zhongguo caizheng jingji chubanshe: Beijing. .
- 2008. Jingji zeren shenji zhong bixu jiaqiang xiaoyi shenji' (Enhancing performance audit in economic responsibility audit). Shenji yu licai (Audit and Financial Management) 2: 24–25. .
- 2007. The audit system and anti-corruption reform in China, paper presented at International Workshop on Building Clean Government: Institutional Design and Policy Capacity. City University of Hong Kong. .