See Supplemental Appendix for list of CALLCG members.
Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials of central nervous system directed therapy for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia†
Version of Record online: 12 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Pediatric Blood & Cancer
Volume 60, Issue 2, pages 185–195, February 2013
How to Cite
Richards, S., Pui, C.-H., Gayon, P. and on behalf of the Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Collaborative Group (CALLCG) (2013), Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials of central nervous system directed therapy for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Pediatr. Blood Cancer, 60: 185–195. doi: 10.1002/pbc.24228
Conflicts of interest: Nothing to declare.
- Issue online: 14 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 12 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 10 APR 2012
- 10Early Breast Cancer Trialists' Collaborative Group. Treatment of Early Breast Cancer. Volume 1: Worldwide Evidence 1985–1990. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press; 1990. 207 pp.
- 11Intrathecal triple therapy decreases central nervous system relapse but fails to improve event-free survival when compared with intrathecal methotrexate: Results of the children's cancer group (CCG) 1952 study for standard-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia, reported by the children's oncology group. Blood 2006; 108: 1165–1173., , , et al.
- 16Treatment of standard- and high-risk childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia with two CNS prophylaxis regimens. Haematol Blood Transfus 1987; 30: 483–492., , .
- 21Therapy of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Int J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 1998; 5: 145–154., , , et al.
- 25Successful treatment without cranial radiotherapy of children receiving intensified chemotherapy for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: Results of the risk-stratified randomized central nervous system treatment trial MRC UKALL XI (ISRC TN 16757172). Br J Haematol 2004; 124: 33–46., , , et al.
- 33CNS preventive therapy with high-dose methotrexate in acute lymphoblastic leukemia: A preliminary report. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 1984; 3: abstr 797., , , et al.
- 35Results of acute lymphoblastic leukemia therapy in childhood with a modified BFM protocol in a multicenter study in the German democratic republic. Haematol Blood Transfus 1987; 30: 471–479., , .
- 51Treatment of patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia with bulky extramedullary disease and T-cell phenotype or other poor prognostic features: Randomized controlled trial from the children's cancer group. Cancer 1998; 82: 600–612., , , et al.
- 53Critical study of prognostic factors in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: Differences in outcome are poorly explained by the most significant prognostic variables. Fralle group. French acute lymphoblastic leukaemia study group. Br J Haematol 1998; 102: 729–739., , , et al.
- 60Dexamethasone (DEX) versus prednisone (PRED) during induction for children with high-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia (HR-ALL): A report from the children's onocology group study AALL0232. J Clin Oncol 2011; 29: abstr 9504., , , et al.
- 61Comparison of high-dose methotrexate (HD-MTX) with Capizzi methotrexate plus asparaginse (C-MTX/ASNase) in children and young adults with high-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia (HR-ALL): A report from the children's oncology group study AALL0232. J Clin Oncol 2011; 29: abstr 3., , , et al.
- 62Very high-dose methotrexate (33.6g/m(2)) as central nervous system preventive therapy for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: Results of national cancer institute/children's cancer group trials CCG-191P, CCG-134P and CCG-144P. Leuk Lymphoma 2006; 47: 2488–2504., , , et al.