Screening for trisomy 21 in twin pregnancies in the first trimester: an update of the impact of chorionicity on maternal serum markers
Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2008
Copyright © 2008 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 28, Issue 1, pages 49–52, January 2008
How to Cite
Spencer, K., Kagan, K. O. and Nicolaides, K. H. (2008), Screening for trisomy 21 in twin pregnancies in the first trimester: an update of the impact of chorionicity on maternal serum markers. Prenat. Diagn., 28: 49–52. doi: 10.1002/pd.1923
- Issue online: 10 JAN 2008
- Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 NOV 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 12 NOV 2007
- Manuscript Received: 3 OCT 2007
- 1998. Down syndrome screening in twins. J Med Screen 5: 3–4. .
- 2005. First trimester screening for trisomy 21 in twin pregnancy: does the addition of biochemistry make an improvement? Prenat Diagn 25: 1156–1161. , , , et al.
- 2001. First trimester screening for trisomy 21 in singleton pregnancies achieved by assisted reproduction. Hum Reprod 16: 1501–1504. , , , , .
- 1994. Early and simple determination of chorionic and amniotic type in multifetal gestations in the first 14 weeks by high frequency transvaginal ultrasound. Am J Obstet Gynecol 170: 824–829. , , .
- 2005. Mutlitcenter study of first-trimester screening for trisomy 21 in 75,821 pregnancies: results and estimation of the potential impact of individual risk-orientated two stage first trimester screening. Ultrasound Obstet Gynaecol 25: 221–226. , , , , .
- 2002. Maternal serum human chorionic gonadotrophin and pregnancy associated plasma protein A in twin pregnancies in the first trimester. Prenat Diagn 22: 183–185. , , , , , .
- 2000. First trimester maternal serum free β human chorionic gonadotrophin and pregnancy associated plasma protein A as predictors of pregnancy complications. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 107: 1265–1270. , , , , .
- 1996. Screening for trisomy 21 in twin pregnancies by maternal age and fetal nuchal translucency thickness at 10–14 weeks of gestation. BJOG 103: 999–1003. , , , , .
- 1996. The lambda sign at 10–14 weeks of gestation as a predictor of chorionicity in twin pregnancies. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 7: 421–423. , , , , .
- 1997. Evolution of the lambda or twin/chorionic peak sign in dichorionic twin pregnancies. Obstet Gynecol 89: 439–441. , , , , .
- 1999. Maternal age and gestation specific risk for trisomy 21. Ultrasound Obstet Gynaecol 13: 167–170. , , , , .
- 2000. Screening for trisomy 21 in twin pregnancies in the first trimester using free β-hCG and PAPP-A combined with fetal nuchal translucency thickness. Prenat Diagn 20: 91–95. .
- 2001. Screening for trisomy 21 in twin pregnancies in the first trimester: does chorionicity impact on maternal serum free β-hCG or PAPP-A levels? Prenat Diagn 21: 715–717. .
- 2005. Non-invasive screening tests. In Multiple Pregnancy, Epidemiology, Gestation & Perinatal Outcome, BlicksteinI, KeithLG (eds). Taylor & Francis: Abingdon; 368–384. .
- 2000. First trimester prenatal diagnosis of trisomy 21 in discordant twins using fetal nuchal translucency thickness and maternal serum free β-hCG and PAPP-A. Prenat Diagn 20: 683–684. , .
- 2003. Screening for trisomy 21 in twins using first trimester ultrasound and maternal serum biochemistry in a one stop clinic: a review of three years experience. BJOG 110: 276–280. , .
- 1994. Down's syndrome screening in multiple pregnancies using alpha fetoprotein and free beta hCG. Prenat Diagn 14: 537–542. , , .
- 2000. The influence of ethnic origin on first trimester biochemical markers of chromosomal anomalies in the first trimester. Prenat Diagn 20: 491–494. , , , .
- 2004. The impact of correcting for smoking status when screening for chromosomal anomalies using maternal serum biochemistry and fetal nuchal translucency thickness in the first trimester of pregnancy. Prenat Diagn 24: 169–173. , , , .
- 1999. A screening program for trisomy 21 at 10–14 weeks using fetal nuchal translucency, maternal serum free β-human chorionic gonadotropin and pregnancy associated plasma protein-A. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 13: 231–237. , , , , .
- 2003a. Delta-NT or NT MoM: which is the most appropriate method for calculating accurate patient specific risks for trisomy 21 in the first trimester? Ultrasound Obstet Gynaecol 22: 142–148. , , , , .
- 2003b. Maternal weight correction of maternal serum PAPP-A and free β-hCG when screening for trisomy 21 in the first trimester of pregnancy. Prenat Diagn 23: 851–855. , , .
- 2005. Ethnicity and the need for correction of biochemical and ultrasound markers of chromosomal anomalies in the first trimester: a study of Oriental, Asian and Afro-Caribbean populations. Prenat Diagn 25: 365–369. , , , , .
- 2005. Screening for trisomy 21 in monochorionic twins by measurement of fetal nuchal translucency thickness. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25: 551–553. , , , , .
- 2003. Combining nuchal translucency and serum markers in prenatal screening for Down syndrome in twin pregnancies. Prenat Diagn 23: 588–592. , , .
- 2006. Nuchal translucency measurements are highly correlated in both mono- and dichorionic twin pairs. Prenat Diagn 26: 218–220. , , , , , .