This article was published online on 24 June 2010. An error was subsequently identified. This notice is included in the online and print versions to indicate that both have been corrected on 09 July 2010.
Down syndrome risk calculation for a twin fetus taking account of the nuchal translucency in the co-twin†
Version of Record online: 24 JUN 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 30, Issue 9, pages 827–833, September 2010
How to Cite
Cuckle, H. and Maymon, R. (2010), Down syndrome risk calculation for a twin fetus taking account of the nuchal translucency in the co-twin. Prenat. Diagn., 30: 827–833. doi: 10.1002/pd.2557
- Issue online: 25 AUG 2010
- Version of Record online: 24 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 19 APR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 APR 2010
- Manuscript Received: 22 FEB 2010
- 1999. The epidemiology of multiple births. Hum Reprod Update 5(2): 179–187. , , , , , .
- 1970. The Biology of Twinning in Man. Clarendon Press: Oxford. .
- 2008. Nuchal translucency thickness in monochorionic multiple pregnancies: value in predicting pregnancy outcome. J Ultrasound Med 27(3): 363–369. , , .
- 2010. Difference in nuchal translucency between monozygotic and dizygotic spontaneously conceived twins. Prenat Diagn 30(3): 247–250. , , , et al.
- 2010. Multianalyte maternal serum screening for chromosomal defects. In Genetic Disorders and the Fetus: Diagnosis, Prevention and Treatment (6th edn), MilunskyA, MilunskyJM (eds). Johns Hopkins University Press: Baltimore; 771–818. , .
- 1987. Estimating a woman's risk of having a pregnancy associated with Down's syndrome using her age and serum alpha-fetoprotein level. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 94: 387–402. , , .
- 1990. Congenital malformations in twins in England and Wales. J Epidemiol Community Health 45: 43–48. , , , .
- 1978. Maternal and environmental factors affecting twin births in Canadian cities. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 85(5): 351–358. .
- ABA Study Group; Clinical Study Group. 2008. Second-trimester Down syndrome maternal serum marker screening: a prospective study of 11 040 twin pregnancies. Prenat Diagn 28(12): 1105–1109. , , , , ;
- General Register Office. 1962. The Registrar General's Statistical Review of England and Wales for the year 1960. Part 2: Tables, Population, Her Majesty's Stationery Office: London; xi + 180.
- 1999. Prevention of twin pregnancy after in-vitro fertilization or intracytoplasmic sperm injection based on strict embryo criteria: a prospective randomized clinical trial. Hum Reprod 14(10): 2581–2587. , , , , , .
- 2005. First-trimester screening for trisomy 21 in twin pregnancy, does the addition of biochemistry make an improvement? Prenat Diagn 25: 1156–1161. , , , et al.
- 1970. Congenital malformations in twins. Am J Hum Genet 22: 662–678. , .
- 2006. Nuchal translucency in dichorionic twins conceived after assisted reproduction. Prenat Diagn 26(6): 510–513. , , , , .
- 2009. Early first-trimester free beta-hCG and PAPP-A serum distributions in monochorionic and dichorionic twins. Prenat Diagn 29(1): 74–78. , , , .
- 2003. Centre-specific ultrasound nuchal translucency medians needed for Down's syndrome screening. Prenat Diagn 23: 389–392. , , .
- 1998. East Flanders Prospective Twin Survey (Belgium): a population-based register. Twin Res 1: 167–175. , , , .
- 1995. Some perinatal characteristics of monozygotic twins who are dichorionic. Am J Med Genet 55(1): 71–76. , , , .
- 2001. Nuchal translucency measurement and pregnancy outcome after assisted conception versus spontaneously conceived twins. Hum Reprod 16(9): 1999–2004. , , , , , .
- 1997. Aneuploidy in twin gestations, when is maternal age advanced? Obstet Gynecol 89: 248–251. , , , .
- 2000. Nuchal translucency in multiple pregnancies. Croat Med J 41(3): 266–269. , , , , .
- 1996. Cytogenetic and epidemiological findings in Down syndrome, England and Wales 1989 to 1993. National Down Syndrome Cytogenetic Register and the Association of Clinical Cytogeneticists. J Med Genet 33(5): 387–394. , , .
- National Center for Health Statistics. 1992. Vital and Health Statistics. Health and demographic characteristics of twin births: United States 1988. DHHS: Hyattsville, MD; DHHS Publication No. (PHS) 92-1928.
- 2002. First trimester screening with free beta-hCG, PAPP-A and nuchal translucency in pregnancies conceived with assisted reproduction. Prenat Diagn 22(8): 718–721. , , , et al.
- 1995. Nuchal translucency thickness and crown-rump length in twin pregnancies with chromosomally abnormal fetuses. J Utrasound Med 14: 565–568. , , , .
- 2003. The changing epidemiology of multiple births in the United States. Obstet Gynecol 101(1): 129–135. , , , , .
- 1997. Increased nuchal translucency thickness at 10–14 weeks of gestation as a predictor of severe twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 10(2): 86–89. , , , , .
- 1996. Screening for trisomy 21 in twin pregnancies by maternal age and fetal nuchal translucency thickness at 10–14 weeks of gestation. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 103: 999–1003. , , , , .
- 2003. Delta-NT or NT MoM, which is the most appropriate method for calculating accurate patient-specific risks for trisomy 21 in the first trimester? Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 22: 142–148. , , , , .
- 2003. Screening for trisomy 21 in twins using first trimester ultrasound and maternal serum biochemistry in a one-stop clinic: a review of three years experience. Br J Obstet Gyneacol. 110(3): 276–280. , .
- 2007. Detection of chromosomal abnormalities, congenital abnormalities and transfusion syndrome in twins. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 29(5): 517–526. , , , et al.
- 2002. Chorionicity determination in twin pregnancies, how accurate are we? Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 19(4): 350–352. , , , , , .
- 2009. Cumulative delivery rate in an in vitro fertilization program with a single embryo transfer policy. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 88(6): 700–706. , .
- 2009. The risk of monozygotic twins after assisted reproductive technology: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Hum Reprod Update 15(1): 45–55. , , , , .
- 1984. Malformations in twins and their siblings, Norway, 1967-79. Acta Genet Med Gemellol (Roma) 33(1): 87–95. , .
- 2006. Nuchal translucency measurements are highly correlated in both mono- and dichorionic twin pairs. Prenat Diagn 26(3): 218–220. , , , , , .
- 2008. A mixture model of nuchal translucency thickness in screening for chromosomal defects. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31(4): 376–383. , , , , .
- 2004. Monozygotic twinning associated with day 5 embryo transfer in pregnancies conceived after IVF. Hum Reprod 19(8): 1831–1836. , , , .