Prediction of spontaneous preterm delivery from endocervical length at 11 to 13 weeks
Article first published online: 28 DEC 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Special Issue: 1st Trimester Screening and Diagnosis
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 84–89, January 2011
How to Cite
Greco, E., Lange, A., Ushakov, F., Calvo, J. R. and Nicolaides, K. H. (2011), Prediction of spontaneous preterm delivery from endocervical length at 11 to 13 weeks. Prenat. Diagn., 31: 84–89. doi: 10.1002/pd.2640
- Issue published online: 5 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 28 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 3 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Received: 10 AUG 2010
- Fetal Medicine Foundation. Grant Number: 1037116
- 2000. Cervical incompetence prevention randomized cerclage trial (CIPRACT): study design and preliminary results. Am J Obstet Gynecol 183: 823–829. , , , , .
- 1998. Sonographic evaluation of cervical length in pregnancy: diagnosis and management of preterm cervical effacement in patients at risk for premature delivery. Obstet Gynecol 71: 934–944. , , , , .
- 2003. Does transvaginal sonographic measurement of cervical length before 14 weeks predict preterm delivery in high-risk pregnancies?. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 21: 140–144. , , .
- 2005. Cerclage for short cervix on ultrasonography: meta-analysis of trials using individual patient-level data. Obstet Gynecol 106: 181–189. , , , , .
- 2010. Prediction of spontaneous preterm delivery from maternal factors and placental perfusion and function at 11–13 weeks. Pren Diagn xx: xx–xx. , , , , .
- 2003. Cervical length at 11–14 weeks' and 22–24 weeks' gestation evaluated by transvaginal sonography, and gestational age at delivery. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 21: 135–139. , , , , , .
- Fetal Medicine Foundation Second Trimester Screening Group. 2008. Cervical length and obstetric history predict spontaneous preterm birth: development and validation of a model to provide individualized risk assessment. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31: 549–554. , , , , ;
- Centre for Maternal and Child Enquiries (CMACE). 2010. Perinatal Mortality 2008: United Kingdom. CMACE: London.
- 2003. Does cervical length at 13–15 weeks' gestation predict preterm delivery in an unselected population? Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 21: 128–134. , , , et al.
- 1947. The fibrous nature of the human cervix, and its relation to the isthmic segment in gravid and nongravid uteri. Am J Obstet Gynecol 53: 541–560. .
- 2007. Progesterone and the risk of preterm birth among women with a short cervix. N Engl J Med 357: 462–469. , , , , .
- 1996. A prospective longitudinal study for the prediction of preterm delivery in a low-risk population. J Matern Fetal Invest 6: 148–151. , , , et al.
- 1998. Cervical length at 23 weeks of gestation: prediction of spontaneous preterm delivery. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 12: 312–317. , , , , .
- 1996. The length of the cervix and the risk of spontaneous premature delivery. National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit Network. N Engl J Med 334: 567–572. , , , et al.
- 2006. Preterm birth: the value of sonographic measurement of cervical length. BJOG 113: 52–56. , , , .
- 1985. The contribution of low birth weight to infant mortality and childhood morbidity. N Engl J Med 312: 82–90. .
- 2007. Ultrasonographic cervical length measurement at 10–14 and 20–24 weeks gestation and the risk of preterm delivery. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 130: 176–179. , , , .
- 1975. A critical evaluation of sonar “crown-rump length” measurements. BJOG 82: 702–710. , .
- 1998. Cervical sonography: a review. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 11: 71–78. , .
- Fetal Medicine Foundation First Trimester Screening Group. 1998. UK multicentre project on assessment of risk of trisomy 21 by maternal age and fetal nuchal-translucency thickness at 10–14 weeks of gestation. Lancet 352: 343–346. , , , , ;
- 2004. Cervical cerclage for prevention of preterm delivery in women with short cervix: randomised controlled trial. Lancet 363: 1849–1853. , , , et al.
- 2006. Prediction of patient-specific risk of early preterm delivery using maternal history and sonographic measurement of cervical length: a population-based prospective study. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27: 362–367. , , , , .
- 1997. Cervical length in normal pregnancy as measured by transvaginal sonography. Int J Gynecol Obstet 58: 313–315. , , .
- 1954. The lower uterine segment. BJOG 61: 87–93. .
- 1994. Cervical changes throughout pregnancy as assessed by transvaginal sonography. Obstet Gynecol 84: 960–964. , , , , , .