Prediction of miscarriage and stillbirth at 11–13 weeks and the contribution of chorionic villus sampling
Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Special Issue: 1st Trimester Screening and Diagnosis
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 38–45, January 2011
How to Cite
Akolekar, R., Bower, S., Flack, N., Bilardo, C. M. and Nicolaides, K. H. (2011), Prediction of miscarriage and stillbirth at 11–13 weeks and the contribution of chorionic villus sampling. Prenat. Diagn., 31: 38–45. doi: 10.1002/pd.2644
- Issue online: 5 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 7 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Received: 9 AUG 2010
- Fetal Medicine Foundation
- 2010. Association between tobacco use in pregnancy and placenta-associated syndromes: a population-based study. Arch Gynecol Obstet. DOI: 10.1007/s00404-010-1447-8. , , , et al.
- 2010. Recurrent miscarriage: are three miscarriages one too many? Analysis of a Scottish population-based database of 151,021 pregnancies. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 150: 24–27. , , .
- 2007. Increased nuchal translucency thickness and normal karyotype: time for parental reassurance. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 30: 11–18. , , , et al.
- Centre for Maternal and Child Enquiries (CMACE). 2010. Perinatal Mortality 2008: United Kingdom CMACE: London.
- 1996. Incidence of spontaneous abortion in clomiphene pregnancies. Hum Reprod 11: 2623–2628. , , , , .
- FaSTER Trial Research Consortium. 2008. Prediction of patient-specific risk for fetal loss using maternal characteristics and first- and second-trimester maternal serum Down syndrome markers. Am J Obstet Gynecol 199: 290.e1–290.e6. , , , et al.,
- 2005. Etiology and prevention of stillbirth. Am J Obstet Gynecol 193: 1923–1935. .
- 2007. The influence of maternal smoking habits on the risk of subsequent stillbirth: is there a causal relation?. BJOG 114: 699–704. , .
- 2008. Screening for trisomy 21 by maternal age, fetal nuchal translucency thickness, free beta-human chorionic gonadotropin, and pregnancy associated plasma protein-A. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31: 618–624. , , , , .
- 2006. Perinatal mortality and congenital anomalies in babies of women with type 1 or type 2 diabetes in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland: population based study. BMJ 333: 177. , , , et al.
- 2008. Screening for adverse pregnancy outcome by ductus venosus Doppler at 11–13 + 64 weeks of gestation. Obstet Gynecol 112: 598–605. , , , , .
- 2009. Ductus venosus Doppler in screening for trisomies 21, 18 and 13 and Turner syndrome at 11–13 weeks of gestation. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 33: 512–517. , , , , .
- 2008. Does high body mass index increase the risk of miscarriage after spontaneous and assisted conception? A meta-analysis of the evidence. Fertil Steril 90: 714–726. , , , .
- 1988. Incidence of spontaneous abortion among normal women and insulin-dependent diabetic women whose pregnancies were identified within 21 days of conception. N Engl J Med 319: 1617–1623. , , , et al.
- 2011. Screening for aneuploidies at 11–13 weeks. Prenatal Diagn 31(1): 7–15. .
- 1994. Comparison of chorionic villus sampling and amniocentesis for fetal karyotyping at 10–13 weeks' gestation. Lancet 344: 435–439. , , , .
- 2000. Maternal age and fetal loss: population based register linkage study. BMJ 320: 1708–1712. , , , , .
- 2011. Reference range of birth weight with gestation and first-trimester prediction of small for gestation neonates. Prenat Diagn 31(1): 58–65. , , , , .
- 1975. A critical evaluation of sonar crown rump length measurements. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 182: 702–710. , .
- 2001. Maternal obesity and pregnancy outcome: a study of 287,213 pregnancies in London. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25: 1175–1182. , , , et al.
- 2007. Maternal and biochemical predictors of antepartum stillbirth among nulliparous women in relation to gestational age of fetal death. BJOG 114: 705–714. , , , , , .
- 2007. Stillbirth. Lancet 370: 1715–1725. , .
- Fetal Medicine Foundation First Trimester Screening Group. 1998. UK multicentre project on assessment of risk of trisomy 21 by maternal age and fetal nuchal-translucency thickness at 10–14 weeks of gestation. Lancet 352: 343–346. , , , , .
- 2001. Outcome of pregnancy in chromosomally normal fetuses with increased nuchal translucency in the first trimester. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 18: 9–17. , , , , .
- 2005. Increased nuchal translucency with normal karyotype. Am J Obstet Gynecol 192: 1005–1021. , , , , .
- 2006. First-trimester ultrasound and biochemical markers of aneuploidy and the prediction of impending fetal death. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 28: 637–643. , , , .
- 2001. Maternal weight, pregnancy weight gain, and the risk of antepartum stillbirth. Am J Obstet Gynecol 184: 463–469. , , , .
- 2004. Previous preterm and small-for-gestational-age births and the subsequent risk of stillbirth. N Engl J Med 350: 777–785. , , , .
- 1997. Randomised study of risk of fetal loss related to early amniocentesis versus chorionic villus sampling. Lancet 350: 697–703. , , , et al.
- 1986. Randomised controlled trial of genetic amniocentesis in 4,606 low-risk women. Lancet 1: 1287–1293. , , , et al.
- 2010. Update on procedure-related risks for prenatal diagnosis techniques. Fetal Diagn Ther 27: 1–7. , .
- 2004. Incidence of spontaneous abortion among pregnancies produced by assisted reproductive technology. Hum Reprod 19: 272–277. , , .
- 2009. Racial disparities in stillbirth risk across gestation in the United States. Am J Obstet Gynecol 201: 469.e1–469.e8. , , .
- 2010. Reduced birthweight in short or primiparous mothers: physiological or pathological?. BJOG. DOI: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2010.02642. , , , , .