Integrative data mining to identify novel candidate serum biomarkers for pre-eclampsia screening
Article first published online: 22 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 31, Issue 12, pages 1153–1159, December 2011
How to Cite
Pennings, J. L. A., Kuc, S., Rodenburg, W., Koster, M. P. H., Schielen, P. C. J. I. and de Vries, A. (2011), Integrative data mining to identify novel candidate serum biomarkers for pre-eclampsia screening. Prenat. Diagn., 31: 1153–1159. doi: 10.1002/pd.2850
- Issue published online: 25 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 22 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 28 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Received: 9 MAY 2011
- 2004. The human plasma proteome: a nonredundant list developed by combination of four separate sources. Mol Cell Proteomics 3: 311–326. , , , et al.
- 2000. Gene ontology: tool for the unification of biology. The Gene Ontology Consortium. Nat Genet 25: 25–29. , , , et al.
- 2004. Plasma malondialdehyde, superoxide dismutase, sE-selectin, fibronectin, endothelin-1 and nitric oxide levels in women with preeclampsia. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 113: 21–25. , , , et al.
- 2006. Third trimester maternal plasma total fibronectin levels in pregnancy-induced hypertension: results of a tertiary center. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 12: 33–39. , , .
- 2004. Placental oxidative stress: from miscarriage to preeclampsia. J Soc Gynecol Investig 11: 342–352. , .
- 2002. Soluble adhesion molecule profile in normal pregnancy and pre-eclampsia. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 12: 19–27. , , , et al.
- 2008. PolySearch: a web-based text mining system for extracting relationships between human diseases, genes, mutations, drugs and metabolites. Nucleic Acids Res 36: W399-W405. , , , et al.
- 2008. Use of uterine artery Doppler ultrasonography to predict pre-eclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction: a systematic review and bivariable meta-analysis. CMAJ 178: 701–711. , , , et al.
- 2004. World Health Organization systematic review of screening tests for preeclampsia. Obstet Gynecol 104: 1367–1391. , , .
- 2011. Screening for pre-eclampsia--lessons from aneuploidy screening. Placenta 32(Suppl): S42-S48. .
- 2009. Maternal plasma fibronectin and advanced oxidative protein products for the prediction of preeclampsia in high risk pregnancies: a prospective cohort study. Fetal Diagn Ther 26: 189–194. , , , .
- 2011. Fetal hemoglobin and alpha(1)-microglobulin as first- and early second-trimester predictive biomarkers for preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol 204: 520.e1520–e1525. , , , et al.
- 2005. Risk factors for pre-eclampsia at antenatal booking: systematic review of controlled studies. BMJ 330: 565. , .
- 2008. Decidual expression and maternal serum levels of heme oxygenase 1 are increased in pre-eclampsia. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87: 272–279. , , , et al.
- 2008. Anni 2.0: a multipurpose text-mining tool for the life sciences. Genome Biol 9: R96. , , , et al.
- 2008. Predictors and risk factors of pre-eclampsia. Minerva Ginecol 60: 421–429. .
- 2010. Down syndrome screening: imagining the screening test of the future. Expert Rev Mol Diagn 10: 445–457. , , , et al.
- 1997. Circulating endothelial cell adhesion molecules as diagnostic markers for the early identification of pregnant women at risk for development of preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol 177: 443–449. , , , .
- 2011. Evaluation of 7 serum biomarkers and uterine artery Doppler ultrasound for first-trimester prediction of preeclampsia: a systematic review. Obstet Gynecol Surv 66: 225–239. , , , et al.
- 1999. The insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-dependent IGF binding protein-4 protease secreted by human fibroblasts is pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96: 3149–3153. , , , et al.
- 2008. Urinary prolactin as a reliable marker for preeclampsia, its severity, and the occurrence of adverse pregnancy outcomes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93: 2492–2499. , , , et al.
- 2007. Accuracy of fibronectin tests for the prediction of pre-eclampsia: a systematic review. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 133: 12–19. , , , et al.
- 2010. Excessive ovarian stimulation up-regulates the Wnt-signaling molecule DKK1 in human endometrium and may affect implantation: an in vitro co-culture study. Hum Reprod 25: 479–490. , , , et al.
- 2009. Expression patterns of two serine protease HtrA1 forms in human placentas complicated by preeclampsia with and without intrauterine growth restriction. Placenta 30: 35–40. , , , et al.
- 2007. Prepregnancy cardiovascular risk factors as predictors of pre-eclampsia: population based cohort study. BMJ 335: 978. , , , et al.
- 1996. Heterogeneous causes constituting the single syndrome of preeclampsia: a hypothesis and its implications. Am J Obstet Gynecol 175: 1365–1370. , .
- 2008. Increased levels of pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A2 in the serum of pre-eclamptic patients. Mol Hum Reprod 14: 595–602. , , , et al.
- 2010. Increased levels of cell-free hemoglobin, oxidation markers, and the antioxidative heme scavenger alpha(1)-microglobulin in preeclampsia. Free Radic Biol Med 48: 284–291. , , , et al.
- 2009. Discovery of novel serum biomarkers for prenatal Down syndrome screening by integrative data mining. PLoS One 4: e8010. , , , et al.
- 2010. Hypertensive disorders in pregnancy: combined screening by uterine artery Doppler, blood pressure and serum PAPP-A at 11–13 weeks. Prenat Diagn 30: 216–223. , , , et al.
- 2005. Latest advances in understanding preeclampsia. Science 308: 1592–1594. , .
- 2007. Pre-eclampsia a two-stage disorder: what is the linkage? Are there directed fetal/placental signals? In Pre-eclampsia. Etiology and clinical practice, Lyall F, Belfort M (eds). Cambridge University Press: New York. .
- 2009. The two stage model of preeclampsia: variations on the theme. Placenta, 30(Suppl A): S32-S37. , .
- 2002. Recent Insights into the pathogenesis of pre-eclampsia. Placenta 23: 359–372. , .
- 2005. Pre-eclampsia. Lancet 365: 785–799. , , .
- 2004. A gene atlas of the mouse and human protein-encoding transcriptomes. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 101: 6062–6067. , , , et al.
- 2004. Is pre-eclampsia more than one disease? BJOG 111: 298–302. , .
- 2007. Inflammatory changes in preeclampsia: current understanding of the maternal innate and adaptive immune response. Obstet Gynecol Surv 62: 191–201. , , , et al.
- WHO. 2005. The World health report: 2005: make every mother and child count. WHO Press: Geneva.
- 2009. BioGPS: an extensible and customizable portal for querying and organizing gene annotation resources. Genome Biol 10: R130. , , , et al.
- 2001. Serum levels of adhesion molecules in women with pregnancy-induced hypertension. Wien Klin Wochenschr 113: 588–592. , , , et al.
- 1996. Primary structure of a putative serine protease specific for IGF-binding proteins. FEBS Lett 398: 187–192. , .