This article was published online on 27 December 2013. Errors were subsequently identified. This notice is included in the online and print versions to indicate that both have been corrected [4 February 2014].
Maternal obesity and risk of Down syndrome in the offspring†
Article first published online: 27 DEC 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 34, Issue 4, pages 310–315, April 2014
How to Cite
Hildebrand, E., Källén, B., Josefsson, A., Gottvall, T. and Blomberg, M. (2014), Maternal obesity and risk of Down syndrome in the offspring. Prenat. Diagn., 34: 310–315. doi: 10.1002/pd.4294
Funding sources: FORSS, the Southeast Region medical research council, financially supported the study.
Conflicts of interest: None declared
- Issue published online: 3 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 27 DEC 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 DEC 2013 04:53PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 30 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 OCT 2013
- 9First-trimester screening for trisomy 21 by free beta-human chorionic gonadotropin and pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A: impact of maternal and pregnancy characteristics. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2008;31:493–502., , , et al.
- 11Influence of maternal BMI on genetic sonography in the FaSTER trial. Prenat Diagn 2010;30:14–22., , , et al.
- 17Effect of increased body mass index on first-trimester ultrasound examination for aneuploidy risk assessment. Obstet Gynecol 2009;114:856–9., , , et al.
- 18National Board of Health and Welfare. Centre for Epidemiology. The Swedish Medical Birth Register – a summary of content and quality, 2003.
- 19Obesity: preventing and managing the global epidemic. Report of a WHO consultation. World Health Organ Tech Rep Ser 2000;894:i–xii, 1-253.
- 20National Board of Health and Welfare. Centre for Epidemiology. Registration of congenital malformations in Swedish health registers, 2004.
- 21National Board of Health and Welfare. Centre for Epidemiology. In-patient diseases in Sweden 1987–2011 (Article no. 2012-10-18), 2012.
- 22Statistical aspects of the analyses of data from retrospective studies of disease. J Natl Cancer Inst 1959;1959:719–48..