The Food and Drug Administration's Post-Licensure Rapid Immunization Safety Monitoring program: strengthening the federal vaccine safety enterprise
Article first published online: 19 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety
Supplement: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Mini-Sentinel Program
Volume 21, Issue Supplement S1, pages 291–297, January 2012
How to Cite
Nguyen, M., Ball, R., Midthun, K. and Lieu, T. A. (2012), The Food and Drug Administration's Post-Licensure Rapid Immunization Safety Monitoring program: strengthening the federal vaccine safety enterprise. Pharmacoepidem. Drug Safe., 21: 291–297. doi: 10.1002/pds.2323
- Issue published online: 19 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 19 JAN 2012
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) through Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Grant Number: HHSF223200910006I
- 1National Vaccine Program Office. Draft Strategic National Vaccine Plan. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Washington DC. 2008. http://www.hhs.gov/nvpo/vacc_plan/index.htm [24 June 2011].
- 2Federal Immunization Safety Task Force. Federal Plans to Monitor Immunization Safety for the Pandemic 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccination Program. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: Washington DC. 2009. http://www.flu.gov/professional/federal/fed-plan-to-mon-h1n1-imm-safety.pdf.
- 3Development of national systems for monitoring the safety of medical products: lessons from a new vaccine safety surveillance system. (in press)., , , et al.
- 6Guillain–Barre syndrome among recipients of Menactra meningococcal conjugate vaccine—United States, June–July 2005. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2005; 54(40): 1023–1025.
- 7Postmarketing monitoring of intussusception after RotaTeq vaccination—United States, February 1, 2006–February 15, 2007. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2007; 56(10): 218–222.
- 8Food and Drug Administration. Fluzone vaccine safety: FDA and CDC update on fluzone influenza vaccine and VAERS reports of febrile seizures in children. January 2011. http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/ucm240037.htm [24 June 2011].
- 9Syncope after vaccination—United States, January 2005–July 2007. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2008; 57(17): 457–460.
- 15H1N1 Vaccine Safety Findings from the Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) Project and the Post-Licensure Rapid Immunization Safety Monitoring (PRISM) Network. Presentation to the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices; June 2010., .
- 16FDA's Sentinel Initiative: National Strategy for Monitoring Medical Product Safety. Food and Drug Administration: Silver Spring, MD. 2008. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Safety/FDAsSentinelInitiative/UCM124701.pdf [24 June 2011].
- 20Communicating Findings from Active Medical Product Surveillance. The Brookings Institution, Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform, Washington DC; 17 November 2010. http://www.brookings.edu/events/2010/1117_communicating_active_surveillance.aspx [24 June 2011].
- 22Implementation of rapid cycle analysis for detection of potential excess risk of adverse events following influenza vaccination: a policy maker's guide. 2009. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Post-MarketActivities/UCM196254.pdf [24 June 2011]., , , , , .
- 23Postlicensure safety monitoring of Human Papillomavirus Vaccines. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Meeting, Atlanta, GA; 28 October 2010., , , .
- 29Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Updated Vaccine Label for Rotarix: Questions and Answers for Health Care Professionals. 2010. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/rotavirus/Vac-label-HCP.htm [24 June 2011].
- 30Food and Drug Administration. Information on Rotarix: Labeling Revision Pertaining to Intussusception. 22 September 2010. http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/ucm226690.htm [24 June 2011].
- 31A maximized sequential probability ratio test for drug and vaccine safety surveillance. Seq Anal 2011; (30): 58–78., , , , , .