A protocol for active surveillance of acute myocardial infarction in association with the use of a new antidiabetic pharmaceutical agent
Version of Record online: 19 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety
Supplement: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Mini-Sentinel Program
Volume 21, Issue Supplement S1, pages 282–290, January 2012
How to Cite
Fireman, B., Toh, S., Butler, M. G., Go, A. S., Joffe, H. V., Graham, D. J., Nelson, J. C., Daniel, G. W. and Selby, J. V. (2012), A protocol for active surveillance of acute myocardial infarction in association with the use of a new antidiabetic pharmaceutical agent. Pharmacoepidem. Drug Safe., 21: 282–290. doi: 10.1002/pds.2337
- Issue online: 19 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 19 JAN 2012
- FDA through the Department of Health and Human Services. Grant Number: HHSF223200910006I
- 1U.S. Food and Drug Administration. COX-2 Selective (includes Bextra, Celebrex, and Vioxx) and Non-Selective Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs). http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm103420.htm [14 September 2011].
- 2U.S. Food and Drug Administration. FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA Recommends Against the Continued Use of Meridia (sibutramine). http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm228746.htm [14 September 2011].
- 3U.S. Food and Drug Administration. FDA significantly restricts access to the diabetes drug Avandia. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm226956.htm [14 September 2011].
- 4Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Guidance for Industry: Diabetes Mellitus — Evaluating Cardiovascular Risk in New Antidiabetic Therapies to Treat Type 2 Diabetes. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Bethesda, MD. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/UCM071627.pdf [30 January 2011].
- 6Does saxagliption reduce the risk of cardiovascular events when used alone or added to other diabetes medications (SAVOR-TIMI 53). http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01107886 [14 September 2011].
- 7Report to FDA on a protocol for active surveillance of acute myocardial infarction in association with use of a pharmaceutical agent. http://www.mini-sentinel.org/work_products/Evaluations/AMI_Surveillance_Protocol_and_Appendices_ABC.pdf [14 September 2011]., , .
- 22Reducing Bias in a Propensity Score Matched-Pair Sample Using Greedy Matching Techniques. Sas Users Group International Conference, Vol 214–26. SAS Institute Inc.: Long Beach, CA, 2001..