Comparative effectiveness research using matching-adjusted indirect comparison: an application to treatment with guanfacine extended release or atomoxetine in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and comorbid oppositional defiant disorder
Article first published online: 3 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety
Supplement: Methods for Developing and Analyzing Clinically Rich Data for Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
Volume 21, Issue Supplement S2, pages 130–137, May 2012
How to Cite
Signorovitch, J., Erder, M. H., Xie, J., Sikirica, V., Lu, M., Hodgkins, P. S. and Wu, E. Q. (2012), Comparative effectiveness research using matching-adjusted indirect comparison: an application to treatment with guanfacine extended release or atomoxetine in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and comorbid oppositional defiant disorder. Pharmacoepidem. Drug Safe., 21: 130–137. doi: 10.1002/pds.3246
- Issue published online: 3 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 3 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 31 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 12 AUG 2011
- Shire Development, LLC
- 1Report to the President and the Congress on Comparative Effectiveness Research, US Department of Health and Human Services, http://www.hhs.gov/recovery/programs/cer/execsummary.html, accessed July 15, 2011.
- 10Indirect Evidence: Indirect Treatment Comparisons in Meta-Analysis. Ottawa: Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health, 2009., , , et al.
- 11NICE Guide to the Methods of Technology Appraisal, http://www.nice.org.uk/media/B52/A7/TAMethodsGuideUpdatedJune2008.pdf
- 14Analysing and presenting results. In Higgins JPT, Green S, editors. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions 4.2.6; Section 8. In: The Cochrane Library, Issue 4, 2006. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., , , editors.
- 20Are key principles for improved health technology assessment supported and used by health technology assessment organizations? Int J Technol Assess Health Care 2010; 26: 1: 71–78., , , et al.
- 21Trends in meta-analysis. Drug Inf J 2009; 43: 171–176..
- 23National Health Interview Survey. Hyattsville, MD.: National Center for Health Statistics; 2009. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd/data.html accessed on 06/08/11
- 24National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Diagnosis and management of ADHD in children, young people and adults. National Clinical Practice Guideline Number 72, March 2009.
- 25Texas consensus conference panel on pharmacotherapy of childhood attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. The Texas Children's Medication Algorithm Project: revision of the algorithm for pharmacotherapy of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2006 Jun; 45(6): 642–657., , , et al.
- 28Update on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, I. Curr Affect Illness. 1996; 15: 5–12..
- 37ADHD Rating Scale-IV:Checklists, Norms, and Clinical Interpretations. New York, NY: The Guilford Press, 1998., , , .
- 382002. Statistical Inference. Duxbury, Thomson Learning, Pacific Grove, CA, 2002., .