Dr. Rassen is a recipient of a career development award from Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (K01 HS018088). The Division of Pharmacoepidemiology received gifts from IBM Netezza and Tableau Software.
One-to-many propensity score matching in cohort studies
Article first published online: 3 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety
Supplement: Methods for Developing and Analyzing Clinically Rich Data for Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
Volume 21, Issue Supplement S2, pages 69–80, May 2012
How to Cite
Rassen, J. A., Shelat, A. A., Myers, J., Glynn, R. J., Rothman, K. J. and Schneeweiss, S. (2012), One-to-many propensity score matching in cohort studies. Pharmacoepidem. Drug Safe., 21: 69–80. doi: 10.1002/pds.3263
- Issue published online: 3 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 3 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 23 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 AUG 2011
- 1Modern Epidemiology. 3rd edn. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Philadelphia, 2008., , .
- 6Constructing a control group using multivariate matched sampling methods that incorporate the propensity score. Amer Stat 1985; 39: 33–8., .
- 10Reducing bias in a propensity score matched-pair sample using greedy matching techniques. 2001. (Accessed at www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi26/p214-26.pdf.)
- 15Performing a 1:N case–control match on propensity score. 2004. (Accessed at http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi29/165-29.pdf.)
- 16SAS Macros. (Accessed December 15, 2011, at http://mayoresearch.mayo.edu/mayo/research/biostat/sasmacros.cfm.)
- 19MatchIt: nonparametric preprocessing for parametric causal inference. 2011. (Accessed at http://gking.harvard.edu/matchit.)
- 20Discussion of research using propensity-score matching: comments on 'A critical appraisal of propensity-score matching in the medical literature between 1996 and 2003' by Peter Austin, Statistics in Medicine. Statistics in Medicine 2008; 27: 2055–61; discussion 66–9..
- 21Introduction to Algorithms 3rd edn. MIT Press: Cambridge, Mass, 2009..
- 23Simultaneous assessment of short-term gastrointestinal benefits and cardiovascular risks of selective cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitors and nonselective nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs: an instrumental variable analysis. Arthritis and Rheumatism 2006; 54: 3390–8., , , , .
- 26Pharmacoepidemiology Toolbox version 2. In. Boston, MA; 2011., , , .