Elizabeth Delzell, Jeffrey R. Curtis (University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL, USA); David Dore, Florence Wang (OptumInsight, Boston, MA, USA); Henrik Toft Sorensen, Lars Pedersen, Vera Ehrenstein (Arhus University, Denmark)
Design and methods of a postmarketing pharmacoepidemiology study assessing long-term safety of Prolia® (denosumab) for the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis†
Article first published online: 15 JUL 2013
© 2013 Amgen Inc. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety
Volume 22, Issue 10, pages 1107–1114, October 2013
How to Cite
Xue, F., Ma, H., Stehman-Breen, C., Haller, C., Katz, L., Wagman, R. B., Critchlow, C. W. and for the Denosumab Global Safety Assessment Team (2013), Design and methods of a postmarketing pharmacoepidemiology study assessing long-term safety of Prolia® (denosumab) for the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis. Pharmacoepidem. Drug Safe., 22: 1107–1114. doi: 10.1002/pds.3477
Methods of the current study have been presented as a poster at the International Conference of Pharmacoepidemiology, August 2011, Chicago, USA
- Issue published online: 1 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 15 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 24 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 JUL 2012
- 1National Osteoporosis Foundation. Clinician's Guide to Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis. National Osteoporosis Foundation: Washington, DC, 2010.
- 2NIH Consensus Development Panel on Osteoporosis Prevention. Diagnosis, and Therapy, March 7–29, 2000: highlights of the conference. South Med J 2001; 94(6): 569–573.
- 5Trefis Team. UnitedHealth Group is worth $70 on health insurance enrollments growth. Forbes 2010 http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2012/10/29/unitedhealth-group-is-worth-70-on-health-insurance-enrollments-growth/’ (last accessed 10/01/2013).
- 8Predictive value of ICD and CPT codes for identifying osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ). Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2009; 18(S1): S153–S154., , , .
- 231990 Categorical Data Analysis. Wiley: New York.
- 24Bisphosphonates and osteonecrosis of the jaw. Aust Fam Physician 2006; 35(10): 801–803., , .