Statement about prior postings and presentations: The contents of this paper have previously been presented at various scientific conferences, and a preliminary full report of this review has also been published online on the sponsor's website.
Balancing benefit and risk of medicines: a systematic review and classification of available methodologies†
Article first published online: 13 MAY 2014
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety
Volume 23, Issue 7, pages 667–678, July 2014
How to Cite
Mt-Isa, S., Hallgreen, C. E., Wang, N., Callréus, T., Genov, G., Hirsch, I., Hobbiger, S. F., Hockley, K. S., Luciani, D., Phillips, L. D., Quartey, G., Sarac, S. B., Stoeckert, I., Tzoulaki, I., Micaleff, A., Ashby, D. and On behalf of the IMI-PROTECT benefit–risk participants (2014), Balancing benefit and risk of medicines: a systematic review and classification of available methodologies. Pharmacoepidem. Drug Safe., 23: 667–678. doi: 10.1002/pds.3636
Christine E. Hallgreen and Sinan B. Sarac were previously employed by Novo Nordisk A/S, Søborg, Denmark, when this work started. Nan Wang was previously employed at Imperial College London (ICL) when this work was carried out and is publishing as an ICL's former employee. Lawrence D. Phillips was a consultant at the European Medicines Agency (EMA) when this work was carried out and is publishing as an EMA's former employee.
IMI-PROTECT Benefit–Risk participants: Billy Amzal, Deborah Ashby, Simon Ashworth, Alex Asiimwe, Johan Bring, Torbjorn Callreus, Edmond Kakit Chan, Christoph Dierig, Gerald Downey, David Gelb, Georgy Genov, Alesia Goginsky, Christine Hallgreen, Richard Hermann, Ian Hirsch, Steve Hobbiger, Kimberley Hockley, Diana Hughes, Juhaeri Juhaeri, Silvia Kuhls, Alfons Lieftucht, Davide Luciani, Marilyn Metcalf, Alain Micaleff, Shahrul Mt-Isa, Jeremiah Mwangi, Richard Nixon, Rebecca Noel, John Pears, Ruth Peters, Lawrence Phillips, George Quartey, Sinan B. Sarac, Susan Shepherd, Isabelle Stoeckert, Elizabeth J. Swain, Andrew Thomson, Laurence Titeux, Ioanna Tzoulaki, Rianne van den Ham, Tjeerd van Staa, Edward Waddingham, Nan Wang and Lesley Wise.
- Issue published online: 4 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 13 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 APR 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 14 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 18 AUG 2013
- Innovative Medicines Initiative Joint Undertaking. Grant Number: 115004
- European Union's Seventh Framework Programme. Grant Number: FP7/2007-2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.