Original Research Article
Validation of a Patient-Level Medication Regimen Complexity Index as a Possible Tool to Identify Patients for Medication Therapy Management Intervention
Version of Record online: 20 JUN 2014
© 2014 The Authors Pharmacotherapy published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of Pharmacotherapy Publications, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Pharmacotherapy: The Journal of Human Pharmacology and Drug Therapy
Volume 34, Issue 8, pages 826–835, August 2014
How to Cite
Hirsch, J. D., Metz, K. R., Hosokawa, P. W. and Libby, A. M. (2014), Validation of a Patient-Level Medication Regimen Complexity Index as a Possible Tool to Identify Patients for Medication Therapy Management Intervention. Pharmacotherapy, 34: 826–835. doi: 10.1002/phar.1452
- Issue online: 11 AUG 2014
- Version of Record online: 20 JUN 2014
- ALSAM Foundation Skaggs Scholars Program
- University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (Dr. Libby)
- University of California San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (Dr. Hirsch)
- 1Medication Therapy Management in Pharmacy Practice. Core Elements of an MTM Service Model. Version 2.0. 2008.American pharmacists Association and National Association of Chain Drug Stores Foundation. Available from http://www.pharmacist.com/sites/default/files/files/core_elements_of_an_mtm_practice.pdf. Accessed February 16, 2014.
- 2CY 2014 Medication Therapy Management Program Guidance and Submission Instructions: Memo to all Part D Sponsors. Available from http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Prescription-Drug-Coverage/PrescriptionDrugCovContra/Downloads/Memo-Contract-Year-2014-Medication-Therapy-Management-MTM-Program-Submission-v040513.pdf. Accessed February 2 16, 2014.
- 3Medicare 2014 Part C & D Star Rating Technical Notes. Available from http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Prescription-Drug-Coverage/PrescriptionDrugCovGenIn/Downloads/2014-Draft-Tech-Notes.pdf. Accessed February 16, 2014.
- 6Impact of treatment complexity on adherence and glycemic control: an analysis of oral antidiabetic agents. J Clin Outcomes Manag 2010;17:257–65., , , .
- 14Reducing cardiovascular medication complexity in a German university hospital: effects of a structured pharmaceutical management intervention on adherence. J Manag Care Pharm 2013;19:396–407., , , , .
- 15Assessing the complexity of medicine regimens – A pilot study. Afr J Pharm Pharmacol 2011;5:1863–6., , , , et al.
- 19Translation and validation into Portuguese language of the medication regimen complexity index. Arq Bras Cardiol 2007;89:218., , .
- 22Practical statistics for medical research. London: Chapman and Hall, 1991..
- 23American Geriatrics Society 2012 Beers Criteria Update Expert Panel. American Geriatrics Society updated Beers Criteria for potentially inappropriate medications use in older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc 2012;60:616–31.