Dust-induced shading on photovoltaic modules
Article first published online: 6 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 218–226, February 2014
How to Cite
Qasem, H., Betts, T. R., Müllejans, H., AlBusairi, H. and Gottschalg, R. (2014), Dust-induced shading on photovoltaic modules. Prog. Photovolt: Res. Appl., 22: 218–226. doi: 10.1002/pip.2230
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 6 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 APR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 10 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 20 OCT 2011
- 2M. I. Safar and Kuwait Meteorological Dept. Dust and Dust Storms in Kuwait. State of Kuwait, Directorate General of Civil Aviation, Meteorological Dept.: Kuwait, 1980.
- 3M. I. Safar and Kuwait Meteorological Dept. Climatological Section. Frequency of Dust in Day-Time Summer in Kuwait. Directorate General of Civil Aviation, Meteorological Department, Climatological Section: Kuwait, 1980.
- 10Effect of shading caused by dust on cadmium telluride photovoltaic modules. In 36th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, Seattle, WS, 2011., , .
- 11Performance evaluation of CdTe PV modules under natural outdoor conditions in Kuwait. In 25th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, Valencia, Spain, 2010; 3468–3470., .
- 14Study on effect of urban pollution to performance of commercial copper indium diselenide module. In IEEE 4th World Conf. on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion, Waikoloa, HI, 2007; 2195–2198., , .
- 16Effects of soiling on PV module and radiometer performance In 26th IEEE photovoltaic Specialists Conference, 1997; 1121–1124., , , , .
- 18Investigation of the Degradation in Field-Aged Photovoltaic Modules. WCPEC-3 Organizing Committee: Tokyo Univ Agriculture and Technology; Tokyo, Koganei 184–8588, Japan, 2003., , .
- 20Anti-soiling layer coated on PMMA Fresnel lens for concentrator photovoltaic modules. In 36th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, Seattle, WS, 2011., , , , , , .
- 21Siliciclastic sedimentary rocks. In Petrology of Sedimentary of rocks, 2nd edn. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK., 2009; 19–310 sec. 2..
- 23Principles for terrestrial photovoltaic (PV) solar devices with reference spectral irradiance data, IEC Standard, 60904–3, 2008.
- 24SMARTS, A simple model of the atmospheric radiative transfer of sunshine: algorithms and performance assessment. Professional Paper FSEC-PF-270-95. Florida Solar Energy Center, 1679 Clearlake Road, Cocoa, FL 32922, 1995..