Energy, cost and LCA results of PV and hybrid PV/T solar systems
Version of Record online: 14 JAN 2005
Copyright © 2005 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications
Volume 13, Issue 3, pages 235–250, May 2005
How to Cite
Tripanagnostopoulos, Y., Souliotis, M., Battisti, R. and Corrado, A. (2005), Energy, cost and LCA results of PV and hybrid PV/T solar systems. Prog. Photovolt: Res. Appl., 13: 235–250. doi: 10.1002/pip.590
- Issue online: 1 APR 2005
- Version of Record online: 14 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 7 SEP 2004
- Manuscript Received: 22 MAR 2004
- 1Combined photovoltaics and thermal hybrid collector systems. Proceedings of the of 13th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists, Washington DC, USA, 1978; 1153–1157., .
- 2Evaluation of combined photovoltaic/thermal collectors. Proceedings of the International ISES Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 28 May–1 June 1979; 3: 1865–1869..
- 13Economic evaluation of concentrator-photovoltaic systems. Solar and Wind Technology 1985; 2: 195–200., , .
- 14Improving the power of a solar panel by cooling and light concentrating. Solar and Wind Technology 1986; 3: 241–245..
- 16Design and evaluation of low-concentrating, stationary, parabolic reflectors for wall-integration of water-cooled photovoltaic-thermal hybrid modules. Proceedings of the International Conference on PV in Europe 7–11 October, Rome, Italy, 2002; 551–555., , , .
- 18Hybrid PV/T systems with dual heat extraction operation. Proceedings of the 17th PV Solar Energy Conference, Munich, Germany, 22–26 Oct 2001; 2515–2518., , , .
- 19Economic analysis of hybrid photovoltaic/thermal solar systems and comparison with standard PV modules. Proceedings of the International Conference on PV in Europe 7–11 October, Rome, Italy, 2002; 856–859., .
- 21An assessment of the energy requirements of PV cladding systems. Proceedings of the 13th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, Nice, France, 23–27 October 1995; 2202–2205., , , .
- 22Technology review on PV/thermal concepts. Proceedings of the 16th European PV Solar Energy Conference, Glasgow, U.K., 1–5 May, 2000; 1976–1980., , , .
- 24An assessment of the environmental impacts of thin film cadmium telluride modules based on life cycle analysis. Proceedings of the 1st World Conference On PV energy conversion, 5–9 December, Hawaii, 1994; 958–961., , .
- 26Energy pay-back time of photovoltaic energy systems: present status and prospects. Proceedings of the 2nd World Conference and Exhibition on Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conversion, 6–10 July, Vienna, Austria, 1998; 2125–2130., , .
- 30Payback times for energy and carbon dioxide: comparison of concentrating and non-concentrating PV systems. Proceedings of the 16th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, Glasgow, U.K., 1–5 May, 2000; 2622–2625., , , , .
- 32Analisi del ciclo di vita di sistemi fotovoltaici (LCA of photovoltaic systems), PhD. dissertation thesis, Università di Roma ‘La Sapienza’, Rome, May 1996, available at the Dipartimento di Meccanica e Aeronautica, Università di Roma ‘La Sapienza’, Rome, or at the Biblioteca Nazionale, Rome..
- 34Life cycle assessment (LCA) of PV systems–overview and future outlook. Proceedings of the International Conference on PV in Europe, Rome, Italy, 7–11 October 2002; 588–592..
- 35Life cycle assessment of a PV cogenerative system: comparison with a solar thermal and a PV system. Proceedings of the 16th European PV Solar Energy Conference, Glasgow, U.K., 1–5 May 2000; 1910–1913., , .
- 36Application aspects of hybrid PV/T solar systems. Proceedings of the ISES 03 World Congress, Goteborg, Sweden, 14–19 June 2003, CD-ROM, paper P2 65., , , .
- 37Photovoltaic Enginnering Handbook, Adam Hilger: Bristol, 1990; 258., .
- 38Solar Engineering of Thermal Processes. Wiley: Canada, 1991., .
- 39International Organization for Standardization, ISO 14040:1997, Environmental management—Life cycle assessment—Principles and framework, 1997.
- 40Leiden University, Institute of Environmental Sciences (CML), Department of Industrial Ecology, Characterisation factors, available on line, http://www.leidenuniv.nl/cml/ssp/index.html.
- 41Recent improvements in industrial PV module recycling. Proceedings of the of the 16th European PV Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, Glasgow, UK, 1–5 May 2000, CD-ROM, paper OA3·5., et al.