Performance, cost and life-cycle assessment study of hybrid PVT/AIR solar systems
Version of Record online: 15 SEP 2005
Copyright © 2005 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications
Volume 14, Issue 1, pages 65–76, January 2006
How to Cite
Tripanagnostopoulos, Y., Souliotis, M., Battisti, R. and Corrado, A. (2006), Performance, cost and life-cycle assessment study of hybrid PVT/AIR solar systems. Prog. Photovolt: Res. Appl., 14: 65–76. doi: 10.1002/pip.634
- Issue online: 15 DEC 2005
- Version of Record online: 15 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 18 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Received: 18 OCT 2004
- 1Combined photovoltaics and thermal hybrid collector systems. Proceedings of the 13th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists, Washington DC, USA, 1978; 1153–1157., .
- 2Evaluation of combined photovoltaic/thermal collectors. Proceedings of the International Conference ISES, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 28 May–1 June, 1979; 3: 1865–1869..
- 11Thermal modeling of building integrated PV systems. Proceedings of the 17th PV Solar Energy Conference, Munich, 22–26 October 2001; 2754–2757., , .
- 13Economic evaluation of concentrator-photovoltaic systems. Solar and Wind Technology 1985; 2(3/4): 195–200., , .
- 14Improving the power of a solar panel by cooling and light concentrating. Solar and Wind Technology 1986; 3: 241–245..
- 16Low cost improvements to building integrated air cooled hybrid PV-Thermal systems. Proceedings of the 16th European PV Solar Energy Conference, Glasgow, 1–5 May 2000; 1874–1899., , .
- 18Test results of air cooled modified PV modules. Proceedings of the 17th PV Conference, Munich, 22–26 October 2001; 2519–2522., , .
- 19Hybrid PV/T systems with dual heat extraction operation. Proceedings of the 17th PV Solar Energy Conference, Munich, 22–26 October 2001; 2515–2518., , , .
- 20Hybrid PV/T system with improved air heat extraction modification. Proceedings of the International Conference PV in Europe, Rome, 7–11 October 2002; 718–721., , , .
- 22Energy pay-back time of photovoltaic energy systems: present status and prospects. Proceedings of the 2nd World Conference and Exhibition On Photovoltaics Solar Energy Conversion, Vienna, 6–10 July 1998; 2125–2130., , .
- 27Analisi del ciclo di vita di sistemi fotovoltaici (LCA of Photovoltaic Systems), PhD. dissertation thesis, Università di Roma ‘La Sapienza’, Roma, May 1996—available at the Dipartimento di Meccanica e Aeronautica, Università di Roma ‘La Sapienza’, Roma, or at the Biblioteca Nazionale, Roma, 1996..
- 29Life cycle assessment (LCA) of PV systems—overview and future outlook. Proceedings of the International Conference PV in Europe, Rome, 7–11 October 2002; 588–592..
- 30life cycle assessment of a PV cogenerative system: comparison with a solar thermal and a PV System. Proceedings of the 16th European PV Solar Energy Conference, Glasgow, 1–5 May 2000; 1910–1913., , .
- 31Applications aspects of hybrid PVT/AIR solar systems. Proceedings of EuroSun2004, Freiburg, 22–25 June 2004; 1: 744–753., , , .
- 33Photovoltaic Enginnering Handbook, Adam Hilger, 1990; 258., .
- 36Solar Engineering of Thermal Processes. Wiley: Canada, 1991., .
- 37International Organization for Standardization, ISO 14040:1997, Environmental Management–Life Cycle Assessment–Principles and Framework, 1997.
- 39Behavior of m-Si plant approaching its 20-year design life. Proceedings of the 16th European PV Solar Energy Conference, Glasgow, 1–5 May 2000; 2245–2248., , , .