Research: Short Communication: Accelerated Publication
The path to 25% silicon solar cell efficiency: History of silicon cell evolution
Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2009
Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications
Volume 17, Issue 3, pages 183–189, May 2009
How to Cite
Green, M. A. (2009), The path to 25% silicon solar cell efficiency: History of silicon cell evolution. Prog. Photovolt: Res. Appl., 17: 183–189. doi: 10.1002/pip.892
- Issue online: 25 MAR 2009
- Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 15 FEB 2009
- Manuscript Received: 3 NOV 2008
- 1Light sensitive electric device. US Patent 240252, filed 27 March 1941. Light-sensitive electric device including silicon. US Patent 2443542, filed 27 May 1941..
- 2Recent advances in silicon solar cell performance. 10th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, 8–12 April 1991, Lisbon, Portugal; 250–253..
- 4Revision of the reference solar spectrum: the influence on the PV performance measurements. Paper presented at Renewable Energy 2008, Busan, Korea, 13–17 October 2008..
- 5International Electrotechnical Commission. International Standard, IEC 60904–3, Edition 2, 2008. Photovoltaic devices—Part 3: Measurement principles for terrestrial photovoltaic (PV) solar devices with reference spectral irradiance data. ISBN 2-8318–9705-X, International Electrotechnical Commission, April 2008.
- 13Silicon Solar Cells: Advanced Principles and Practice. Bridge Printery: Sydney, 1995..
- 15Objectives and results of the PEP '87 round-robin calibration of reference solar cells and modules. Conference Record, 21st IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, Orlando, 1990; 952., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 17A comparison of photovoltaic calibration methods. 9th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, Freiberg, September 1989; 648., , , , , .
- 18Terrestrial Photovoltaic Measurement Procedures. Report ERDA/NASA/1022–77/16, June 1977.
- 19Methods for measuring solar cell efficiency independent of reference cell or light source. Proceedings of 18th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialist Conference, Las Vegas, NV, IEEE, New York, 21–25 October 1985; 623–628., , , , , , , .
- 20Primary reference cell calibrations at SERI: history and methods. Conference Record, 21st IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, Orlando, 1990; 1062., , , .
- 21Research on crystalline silicon solar cells. 17th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, 1984; 248–251., .
- 23What is the appropriate reference spectrum for characterizing concentrator cells? Proceedings of 29th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, New Orleans, LA, IEEE, New York, 20–24 May 2002; 840–843., , .
- 24Recent developments in spectral solar radiation standards and modelling. Solar Spectrum 2003; 16(1). Newsletter of the Resource Assessment Division of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES)..
- 28PV founders award luncheon. Conference Record, 18th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, Las Vegas, IEEE, New York, 1985..
- 30Bell Laboratories Record, November 1954; 436.
- 31Bell Laboratories Record, May 1955; 166.
- 33The violet cell: an improved silicon solar cell. COMSAT Technical Review 1973; 3: 1–22., .
- 35The Comsat non-reflective silicon solar cell: a second generation improved cell. International Conference on Photovoltaic Power Generation, Hamburg, September, 1974; 487., , , .
- 37Proceedings 25th Power Sources Symposium, May 1972; 120..
- 39Semi-crystalline silicon solar cells. 12th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, 1976; 82–885..
- 40Low cost solar cells based on large area unconventional silicon. 12th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, 1976; 86–92., .
- 41Characteristics of semicrystalline silicon solar cells. 13th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, 1978; 1096–1100..