The data analyzed in this paper were collected as part of the Project Bright Horizon project, which was sponsored by a Jacob K. Javits Gifted and Talented Education grant to the Project Bright Horizon Research Team: Peter Laing, Project Director/Co–Principal Investigator, Washington Elementary School District, Phoenix, AZ; Dr. Jaime Castellano, Project Consultant; and Dr. Ray Buss, Arizona State University at the West Campus, Principal Investigator. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and should not be ascribed to any members of the Project Bright Horizon staff or its consulting partners.
Version of Record online: 27 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Psychology in the Schools
Volume 49, Issue 8, pages 756–768, September 2012
How to Cite
Lakin, J. M. (2012), Assessing the cognitive abilities of culturally and linguistically diverse students: Predictive validity of verbal, quantitative, and nonverbal tests. Psychol. Schs., 49: 756–768. doi: 10.1002/pits.21630
The author gratefully acknowledges the helpful suggestions of David Lohman, John Young, Brent Bridgeman, Don Powers, and Dan Eignor on earlier drafts of this article.
- Issue online: 8 AUG 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.