EFFECTIVE SCHOOL-BASED SERVICE DELIVERY FOR STUDENTS WITH AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS: WHERE WE ARE AND WHERE WE NEED TO GO
Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Psychology in the Schools
Special Issue: Preparing the Next Generation of School Psychologists: Emerging Challenges and Opportunities
Volume 50, Issue 3, pages 229–244, March 2013
How to Cite
Sansosti, F. J. and Sansosti, J. M. (2013), EFFECTIVE SCHOOL-BASED SERVICE DELIVERY FOR STUDENTS WITH AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS: WHERE WE ARE AND WHERE WE NEED TO GO. Psychol. Schs., 50: 229–244. doi: 10.1002/pits.21669
- Issue published online: 12 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
- 2001). Prevalence of autism in the United States population: The Brick Township, New Jersey, investigation. Pediatrics, 108, 1155–1161. doi: 10.1542/peds.108.5.1155. , , , , , & (
- 2011). School psychologists’ beliefs about autism: Impact on classroom intervention acceptability. Trainers Forum: Journal of the Trainers of School Psychologists, 29, 51–60. , , , & (
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2012). Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/addm.html
- 2005). Perceptions of trainers and practitioners regarding assessment and intervention for students with low incidence disabilities. Psychology in the Schools, 42, 677–689. doi: 10.1002/pits.20118 , & (
- 2012). Social Responsiveness Scale (2nd ed.). Los Angeles, CA: Western Psychological Services. (
- Data Accountability Center. (2012). Part B data and notes (Child Count 2010). Retrieved from https://www.ideadata.org/PartBData.asp
- 2008). Social Skills Improvement System (SSiS). Minneapolis, MN: Pearson Assessment. , & (
- 2009). Assessment of autism spectrum disorders. New York, NY: Guilford. , , & (
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004, 20 U.S.C.§ 614 et seq (2004).
- 2005). Overcoming autism: Finding the answers, strategies, and hope that can transform a child's life. New York, NY: Penguin Group. (
- 2010). Autism spectrum disorders: Diagnosis, prevalence, and services for children and families. Social Policy Report, 24, 1–21. , & (
- 2012). Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (2nd ed.). Torrance, CA: Western Psychological Services. , , , , , & (
- 2006). A comparative study of the spontaneous social interactions and social skills of children with high-functioning autism and children with Asperger's disorder. Autism, 10, 199–220. doi: 10.1177/1362361306062026 , & (
- National Autism Center. (2009). Findings and conclusions of the National Standards Project: Addressing the need for evidence-based practice guidelines for autism spectrum disorders. Randolph, MA: National Autism Center.
- National Research Council. (2001). Educating children with autism. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, Pub. L. No. 107–110, 115 stat. 1425 (2001).
- 2004). Behavior Assessment System for Children (2nd ed.). Circle Pines, MN: American Guidance Service. , & (
- 2008). Revised Children's Manifest Anxiety Scale (2nd ed.). Los Angeles, CA: Western Psychological Services. , & (
- 2010). High functioning autism/Asperger syndrome in schools: Assessment and Intervention. New York, NY: Guilford Press. , , & (
- 2012). Inclusion for students with higher functioning autism spectrum disorders: Definitions and decision making. Psychology in the Schools. 49, 917–931. doi: 10.1002/pits. , & (
- 2001). Usefulness of different types of assessment data in diagnosing and planning for a student with high-functioning autism. Behavioral Disorders, 26, 227–242. , , & (
- 2003). Prevalence of autism in a U.S. metropolitan area. Journal of the American Medical Association, 289, 49–55. doi: 10.1001/jama.289.1.49. , , , , , & (