A comprehensive study on the synthesis and on the relationship between the aliphatic/aromatic ratio, polymer liquid crystalline phase structure, and thermooxidative stability of a series of TLC aromatic–aliphatic copoly(ester imide)s derived from various ratios of a new monomer, namely 1,4-bis[N-(4-hydroxyphenyl)phthalimidyl-5-carboxylate]-2-(6-oxido-6H-dibenz<c,e><1,2>oxaphosphorin-6-yl)-naphtalene, various aliphatic diols, and terephthaloyl bis-(4-oxybenzoyl-chloride) is presented.
Synthesis and properties of novel phosphorus-containing thermotropic liquid crystalline copoly(ester imide)s†
Article first published online: 5 OCT 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry
Volume 48, Issue 23, pages 5391–5403, 1 December 2010
How to Cite
Serbezeanu, D., Vlad-Bubulac, T., Hamciuc, C. and Aflori, M. (2010), Synthesis and properties of novel phosphorus-containing thermotropic liquid crystalline copoly(ester imide)s. J. Polym. Sci. A Polym. Chem., 48: 5391–5403. doi: 10.1002/pola.24344
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2010
- Article first published online: 5 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Received: 14 JUL 2010
- European Social Fund—“Cristofor I. Simionescu” Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme. Grant Number: ID POSDRU/89/1.5/S/55216
- Sectoral Operational Programme Human Resources Development 2007–2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!