The ToT Study: Helping with Touch or Talk (ToT): a pilot randomised controlled trial to examine the clinical effectiveness of aromatherapy massage versus cognitive behaviour therapy for emotional distress in patients in cancer/palliative care
Article first published online: 2 MAR 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 21, Issue 5, pages 563–569, May 2012
How to Cite
Serfaty, M., Wilkinson, S., Freeman, C., Mannix, K. and King, M. (2012), The ToT Study: Helping with Touch or Talk (ToT): a pilot randomised controlled trial to examine the clinical effectiveness of aromatherapy massage versus cognitive behaviour therapy for emotional distress in patients in cancer/palliative care. Psycho-Oncology, 21: 563–569. doi: 10.1002/pon.1921
- Issue published online: 20 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 2 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 14 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Received: 3 AUG 2010
- 1Prevalence of depression in the terminally ill: effects of diagnostic criteria and symptom threshold judgements. Am J Psychiatry 1994;151:1711–1713., , .
- 6Cognitive behaviour therapy for people with cancer. Oxford University Press: Oxford, 2002.,
- 11Massage and aromatherapy massage for symptom relief in patients with cancer: a Cochrane PaPaS systematic review. Registered with the Cochrane collaboration, 2003., , , .
- 14The Cognitive Therapy of Depression. Guilford Press: New York, 1979., , ,
- 17Psychotherapy for depression among incurable cancer patients. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009;4., , , , .
- 19Measuring mental health outcomes in primary care: the psychometric properties of a new patient-generated outcome measure, PSYCHLOPS (Psychological Outcome Profiles). Prim Care Ment Health 2005;3:261–270., , et al.