Screening for Distress, the 6th Vital Sign: where are we, and where are we going?
Version of Record online: 29 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Special Issue: Screening for Distress, the 6th Vital Sign
Volume 20, Issue 6, pages 569–571, June 2011
How to Cite
Bultz, B. D. and Johansen, C. (2011), Screening for Distress, the 6th Vital Sign: where are we, and where are we going?. Psycho-Oncology, 20: 569–571. doi: 10.1002/pon.1986
- Issue online: 27 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 29 MAY 2011
- 4Psychosocial Screening with Cancer Patients: A Research Report. Project Omega, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital: Boston, MA, 1980., , .
- 9Emotional distress screening in Canadian cancer care: a survey of utilization, tool choices and practice patterns. Oncol Exchange 2008;7:37–40., .
- 11‘Why I feel bad’: refinement of the Effects of Prostate Cancer Upon Lifestyle Questionnaire and an initial exploration of its links with anxiety and depression among prostate cancer patients. Psycho-Oncology 2010;19:839–846., , .
- 17National Breast Cancer Centre, National Cancer Control Initiative. Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Psychosocial Care of Adults With Cancer, 2003.
- 18NHS National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). How to Change Practice. 2007.
- 20Accreditation Canada. Cancer Care and Oncology Services Standards, 2008, 2009.
- 21National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN practice guidelines for the management of psychosocial distress. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Oncology (Williston Park) 1999;13:113–147.
- 24Implementation of NCCN distress management guidelines by member institutions. J Natl Compr Cancer Netw 2007;5:99–103., .
- 25Screening for psychosocial distress: a national survey of oncologists. J Support Oncol 2007;5:499–504., , et al.
- 28National Institute of Medicine Committee on Psychosocial Services to Cancer Patients/Families in a Community Setting. Cancer Care for te Whole Patient: Meeting Psychosocial Health Needs. National Academies Press: Washington, DC, 2008., ,
- 30National comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). The NCCN guideline for distress management: a case for making distress the sixth vital sign. J Natl Compr Cancer Netw 2007;5:3–7., .