Home-based physical activity intervention for colorectal cancer survivors
Article first published online: 9 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 54–64, January 2013
How to Cite
Pinto, B. M., Papandonatos, G. D., Goldstein, M. G., Marcus, B. H. and Farrell, N. (2013), Home-based physical activity intervention for colorectal cancer survivors. Psycho-Oncology, 22: 54–64. doi: 10.1002/pon.2047
- Issue published online: 4 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 9 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 29 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 21 MAR 2011
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: CA 101770
- 1American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures 2010. ACS: Atlanta, GA, 2010.
- 2Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council. From Cancer Patient to Cancer Survivor: Lost in Transition. National Academies Press: Washington, DC, 2006.
- 5Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Effectiveness of behavioral interventions to modify physical activity behaviors in general populations and cancer patients and survivors. Evidence Report/Technology Assessment, No. 102. Retrieved August 4, 2004, from www.ahrq.gov/clinic/epcsums/pacansum.htm. 2004.
- 9American College of Sports Medicine roundtable on exercise guidelines for cancer survivors. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2010;42:258–266., , et al.
- 16US Department of Health and Human Services. Physical Activity and Health: A Report of the Surgeon General. US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion: Atlanta, GA, 1996.
- 17US Department of Health and Human Services. 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans. Retrieved August 25, 2009, from www.health.gov/paguidelines. 2008.
- 18American College of Sports Medicine. ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription (7th ed.). Williams & Wilkins: Baltimore, MD, 2005.
- 19Social Foundations of Thought and Action: A Social Cognitive Theory. Prentice-Hall: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1986..
- 22Motivational Interviewing in Health Care. Guilford Press: New York., , .
- 23Developing the Symptom Activity 27: an instrument to evaluate perception of symptom effects on activity. Oncol Nurs Forum 1993;20:330..
- 37Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences. 2nd ed. L. Erlbaum: Hillsdale, NJ, 1988..
- 38Insightful Corporation. S-Plus 8 for Unix User's Guide. Insightful Corporation: Seattle, WA. Available from: Insightful Corporation, 2007.
- 39Statistical Analysis with Missing Data. (2nd ed.) J. Wiley & Sons: New York, NY, 2002., .
- 40Missing Data in Longitudinal Studies. Chapman & Hall/CRC: Boca Raton, FL, 2008., .