The efficacy of mindfulness-based stress reduction on mental health of breast cancer patients: a meta-analysis
Version of Record online: 7 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 22, Issue 7, pages 1457–1465, July 2013
How to Cite
Zainal, N. Z., Booth, S. and Huppert, F. A. (2013), The efficacy of mindfulness-based stress reduction on mental health of breast cancer patients: a meta-analysis. Psycho-Oncology, 22: 1457–1465. doi: 10.1002/pon.3171
- Issue online: 5 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 7 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 11 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 MAR 2012
- 5Available from: http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=6442472459. Cancer in Australia 2010: an overview, 2010. [cited 2011 25 October]
- 6Available from: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2008/index.html. SEER Cancer Statistics Review of the United States, 2011. [cited 2011 25 October]
- 7Available from: http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/reports/. Survival statistics for the most common cancers, 2011. [cited 2011 25 October]
- 13Prevalence and correlates of depressive disorders in outpatients with breast cancer in Lagos, Nigeria. Psycho-Oncology Epub 2011 Apr 3. DOI: 10.1002/pon.1968., .
- 15Prevalence and psychosocial factors of anxiety and depression in breast cancer patients. J Med Assoc Thai 2007;90(10):2164–2174..
- 16Depressive symptoms and health-related quality of life in breast cancer survivors. J Womens Health (Larchmt) Epub 2011 Nov 7. DOI: 10.1089/jwh.2011.2852., , , , .
- 18Available from: www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology, 2011. [cited 2011 25 October]
- 19Available from: http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications. Mental Health Foundation—Be Mindful Report, United Kingdom, 2010.
- 23A randomized study of the effects of mindfulness training on psychological well-being and symptoms of stress in patients treated for cancer at 6-month follow-up. Int J Behav Med Epub 2011 Sept 20. DOI: 10.1007/s12529-011-9192-3., , .
- 24Improving symptoms and quality of life of female cancer survivors: a randomized controlled study. Ann Surg Oncol Epub 2011 Sep 13. DOI: 10.1245/s10434-011-2051-2., , , , .
- 32Mindfulness-based stress reduction for solid organ transplant recipients: a randomized controlled trial. Altern Ther Health Med 2010;16(5):30–38., , et al.
- 35The effects of mindfulness-based stress reduction on nurse stress and burnout: a quantitative and qualitative study. Holist Nurs Pract 2004;18(6):302–308., , , , .
- 41Mindfulness-based stress reduction among breast cancer survivors: a literature review and discussion. Oncol Nurs Forum 2011;38(2):E61–E71., , .
- 42Gender issues in depression. Ann Clin Psychiatry 2007;19(4):247–255., .
- 44Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences. Lawrence Erlbaum: New Jersey, 1988.(ed.).
- 45Meta-Analysis, Decision Analysis, and Cost-effectiveness Analysis: Methods for Quantitative Synthesis in Medicine. Oxford University Press: New York, 2000.(ed.).
- 46Leandro G (ed.). Meta-Analysis in Medical Research: the Handbook for the Understanding and Practice of Meta-analysis. BMJ Publishing Group Limited: Oxford, UK, 2005.
- 49Changes in the cortisol awakening response (CAR) following participation in mindfulness-based stress reduction in women who completed treatment for breast cancer. Complement Ther Clin Pract 2011;17(2):65–70., , .
- 50Weathering storms: a cohort study of how participation in a mindfulness-based stress reduction program benefits women after breast cancer treatment. Curr Oncol 2010;17(4):62–70., .
- 52Feasibility of a mindfulness-based stress reduction program for early-stage breast cancer survivors. J Holist Nurs 2011;29(2):107–117., , et al.
- 53The effects of mindfulness-based stress reduction on psychosocial outcomes and quality of life in early-stage breast cancer patients: a randomized trial. Breast Cancer Res Treat Epub 2011 Sep 8. DOI: 10.1007/s10549-011-1738-1., , , , , .
- 55Mindfulness-based stress reduction in women with breast cancer. Fam Syst Health 2004;22(2):193–203., , .
- 56Mindfulness effects on symptoms of distress in women with cancer. J Cancer Pain Symptom Palliation 2006;2(2):17–22..
- 60Rumination as a predictor of relapse in mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for depression. Psychol Psychother Epub 2010 Aug 10. DOI: 10.1348/147608310X520166., , .
- 62Impact of mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) on attention, rumination and resting blood pressure in women with cancer: a waitlist-controlled study. J Behav Med Epub 2011 Jun 12. DOI: 10.1007/s10865-011-9357-1., , , , .
- 63Lessons learned: providing a mindfulness-based stress reduction program for low-income multiethnic women with abnormal pap smears. Holist Nurs Pract 2007;21(1):26–34., , .