The copyright line for this article was changed on 26 September after original online publication.
Differing associations of BMI and body fat with asthma and lung function in children
Version of Record online: 25 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Pediatric Pulmonology published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 49, Issue 11, pages 1049–1057, November 2014
How to Cite
Wang, R., Custovic, A., Simpson, A., Belgrave, D. C., Lowe, L. A. and Murray, C. S. (2014), Differing associations of BMI and body fat with asthma and lung function in children. Pediatr. Pulmonol., 49: 1049–1057. doi: 10.1002/ppul.22927
Conflict of interest: None.
- Issue online: 20 OCT 2014
- Version of Record online: 25 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 15 APR 2013
- Asthma UK. Grant Number: 04/014
- JP Moulton Charitable Foundation
- MRC Grant. Grant Number: G0601361
- 2Health Survey for England—2008 Trend Tables. The NHS Information Centre, 2009. Available at: www.ic.nhs.uk/pubs/hse08trends
- 5ISAAC Phase Three Study Group. The association between BMI, vigorous physical activity and television viewing and the risk of symptoms of asthma, rhinoconjunctivitis and eczema in children and adolescents: ISAAc phase three. Clin Exp Allergy 2013; 43:73–84., , , , , ,
- 18Bioelectrical impedance analysis in body composition measurement: National Institutes of Health Technology Assessment Conference Statement. Am J Clin Nutr 1996; 64:524–532.
- 23Variations in pattern of pubertal changes in girls. Arch Dis Child 1969; 235:291–303., .
- 35Cross-calibration of multi-frequency bioelectrical impedance analysis with eight-point tactile electrodes and dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry for assessment of body composition in healthy children aged 6–18 years. Pediatr Int 2009; 51:263–268., , , , , , .
- 36Estimation of extracellular and total body water by multiple-frequency bioelectrical-impedence measurement. Am J Clin Nutr 1991; 54:421–424., , , , , .
- 37The role of fat mass index in determining obesity. Obesity 2010; 18:2227–2233., , , .