For the Record
Self-splicing group I and group II introns encode homologous (putative) DNA endonucleases of a new family
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1994 The Protein Society
Volume 3, Issue 7, pages 1117–1120, July 1994
How to Cite
Gorbalenya, A. E. (1994), Self-splicing group I and group II introns encode homologous (putative) DNA endonucleases of a new family. Protein Science, 3: 1117–1120. doi: 10.1002/pro.5560030716
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 MAY 1994
- Manuscript Received: 28 FEB 1994
- 1990. Basic local alignment search tool. J Mol Biol 215: 403–410. , , , , .
- 1993. GeneBee: The program package for biopolymer structure analysis. In: GindikinS, ed. Mathematical methods of analysis of biopolymer sequences. Providence, Rhode Island: American Mathematical Society. pp 127–140. , , , .
- 1984. A comprehensive set of sequence programs for the VAX. Nucleic Acids Res 12: 387–395. , , .
- 1989. Origins and evolutionary relationships of retroviruses. Q Rev Biol 64: 1–30. , , , .
- 1991. The phage T4 nrdB intron: A deletion mutant of a version found in the wild. Genes Dev 5: 1032–1041. , .
- 1993. Group II self-splicing introns in bacteria. Nature (Lond) 364: 358–361. , .
- 1989. An NTP-binding motif is the most conserved sequence in a highly diverged monophyletic group of proteins involved in positive strand RNA viral replication. J Mol Evol 28: 256–268. , , , .
- 1983. Two intron sequences in yeast mitochondrial COX1 gene: Homology among URF-containing introns and strain-dependent variation in flanking exons. Cell 32: 379–389. , , , , .
- 1993. Introns as mobile genetic elements. Annu Rev Biochem 62: 587–622. , .
- 1993. Construction of the full local similarity map for two biopolymers. BioSystems 30: 51–63. , , .
- 1986. Genetic exchanges between bacteriophage T4 and filamentous fungi? Cell 46: 323. , .
- 1993. Evolutionary relationships among group II intron-encoded proteins and identification of a conserved domain that may be related to maturase function. Nucleic Acids Res 21: 4991–4997. , , .
- 1993. Improved prediction of protein secondary structure by use of sequence profiles and neural networks. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90: 7558–7562. , .
- 1993. Molecular structures and functions of pyocins S1 and S2 in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Bacterial 175: 2907–2916. , , , .
- 1976. Colicin E2 is a DNA endonuclease. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 73: 3989–3993. , .
- 1993. MPsrch version 1.3. Edinburgh, UK: Biocomputing Research Unit, University of Edinburgh. , .