Control of aggregation in protein refolding: A variety of surfactants promote renaturation of carbonic anhydrase II
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1995 The Protein Society
Volume 4, Issue 8, pages 1535–1543, August 1995
How to Cite
Wetlaufer, D.B. and Xie, Y. (1995), Control of aggregation in protein refolding: A variety of surfactants promote renaturation of carbonic anhydrase II. Protein Science, 4: 1535–1543. doi: 10.1002/pro.5560040811
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 MAY 1995
- Manuscript Received: 17 APR 1995
- 1988. Solubility of different folding conformers of bovine growth hormone. Biochemistry 27: 4541–4546. .
- 1986. Determination of the critical micelle concentration of surfactants using the fluorescent probe N-phenyl-1-naphthylamine. Anal Biochem 152: 250–255. , .
- ClelandJL, ed. 1993. Protein folding in vivo and in vitro. ACS Symposium Series 526. Washington, DC: American Chemical Society.
- 1992. Polyethylene glycol enhanced refolding of bovine carbonic anhydrase B, reaction stoichiometry and refolding model. J Biol Chem 267: 13327–13334. , , .
- 1990a Refolding and aggregation of bovine carbonic anhydrase B: Quasi-elastic light scattering analysis. Biochemistry 29: 11072–11078. , .
- 1990b Cosolvent assisted protein refolding. Bio/Technology 8: 1274–1277. , .
- 1993. Aggregation of globular proteins. Acc Chem Res 26: 614–620. , , .
- 1984. “Molten-globule” state accumulates in carbonic anhydrase folding. FEBS Lett 165: 88–92. , , , .
- GeorgiouG, De Bernardez-ClarkE, eds. 1991. Protein refolding. ACS Symposium Series 470. Washington, DC: American Chemical Society.
- 1983. Sulfobetaine derivatives of bile acids: Nondenaturing surfactants for membrane biochemistry. Anal Biochem 130: 72–82. , , .
- 1977. A comparison between ANS and TNS as fluorescent indicators of the CMC of sodium dodecyl sulfate. J Colloid Interface Sci 61: 197–198.
- 1978. Reactivation kinetics of guanidine denatured bovine carbonic anhydrase B. Arch Biochem Biophys 190 (1): 39–45. , ,
- 1972. The preparation of guanidine hydrochloride. Methods Enzymol 26: 43–50.
- 1967. The catalytic versatility of erythrocyte carbonic anhydrase. III. Kinetic studies of the enzyme-catalyzed hydrolysis of p-nitrophenol acetate. Biochemistry 6: 668–678. , .
- 1952. The surface tension and surface potential of aqueous solutions of normal aliphatic alcohols. J Colloid Sci 7: 623–644. , , .
- 1994. The molten globule is a third thermodynamical state of protein molecules. FEBS Lett 341: 15–19. , .
- 1991. Modeling protein folding with aggregation. Curr Opin Biotechnol 2: 532–538. ,
- 1970. Formation of three-dimensional structure of proteins I. Rapid nonenzymic reactivation of reduced lysozyme. Biochemistry 9: 5015–5023. , .
- 1992. Kinetics of unfolding and refolding of single-domain proteins. In: CreightonTE, ed. Protein folding. New York: W.H. Freeman. pp 197–242. .
- 1990. Two slow stages in refolding of bovine carbonic anhydrase B are due to protein isomerization. J Mol Biol 213: 561–568. , , , , , .
- 1984. Physical studies of CHAPS, a new detergent for the study of visual pigments. J Phys Chem 88: 6063–6067. , , ,
- 1978. Detection of intermediates in protein folding of carbonic anhydrase with fluorescence emission and polarization. J Biol Chem 253: 8010–8018. , .
- 1987. Detergent assisted refolding of GdmCI-denatured rhodanese, the effects of concentration and type of detergent. J Biol Chem 262: 4486–4491. , .
- 1983. Interfacial tension effects of nonionic surfactants in reversed-phase liquid chromatography. Anal Chem 55: 425–428. , .
- 1964. Nonpolar group participation in the denaturation of proteins by urea and guanidinium salts. J Am Chem Soc 86: 508–514. , , , .
- 1973. Denaturation of bovine carbonic anhydrase B by guanidine hydrochloride. J Biol Chem 248: 8518–8523. ,
- 1972. Role of zinc(II) in the refolding of guanidine hydrochloride denatured bovine carbonic anhydrase. Biochemistry 11: 1314–1318. , .
- 1992. Micelle-assisted protein folding. J Biol Chem 267: 5811–5816. , .
- 1979. Reconstitution of lactic dehydrogenase. Noncovalent aggregation vs. reactivation. 1. Physical properties and kinetics of aggregation. Biochemistry 18: 5567–5575. , ,