Dynamics of ribonuclease A and ribonuclease S: Computational and experimental studies
Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1996 The Protein Society
Volume 5, Issue 10, pages 2104–2114, October 1996
How to Cite
Nadig, G., Ratnaparkhi, G. S., Varadarajan, R. and Vishveshwara, S. (1996), Dynamics of ribonuclease A and ribonuclease S: Computational and experimental studies. Protein Science, 5: 2104–2114. doi: 10.1002/pro.5560051017
- Issue published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JUL 1996
- Manuscript Received: 28 FEB 1996
- Interactive Graphics Facility at the Distributed Information Centre
- Indian Institute of Science
- CSIR. Grant Number: 37/(0813)/93/EMRII
- DST. Grant Number: SP/SO/D44/93
- 1962. The action of trypsin on ribonuclease S. Biochemistry 1: 295–304. , .
- 1982. Pancreatic ribonucleases. The Enzymes 15: 317–433. ,
- 1989. Solvent effects on protein motion and protein effects on solvent motion. Dynamics of the active site region of lysozyme. J Mol Biol 208: 159–181. ,
- 1993. Hydration of proteins. A comparison of experimental residence times of water molecules solvating the bovine pancreatic trypsin inhibitor with theoretical model calculations. J Mol Biol 231: 1040–1048. , , , , .
- 1995. Current protocols in protein science. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc , , , , .
- 1990. Thermodynamics of protein-peptide interactions in the ribonuclease-S system. Biochemistry 29: 6108–6114. , , , .
- 1993. Realistic simulations of native-protein dynamics in solution and beyond. Ann Rev Biophys Biomol Struct 22: 353–380. ,
- 1987. Multiple conformational state of proteins: A molecular dynamics analysis of myoglobin. Science 235: 318–321. ,
- 1963. A hydrogen exchange method using tritium and sephadex: Its application to ribonuclease. Biochemistry 2: 798–807. .
- 1989. Proteolysis of proteins for sequence analysis and peptide mapping. In: BeynonRJ, BondJS, eds. Proteolytic enzymes—A practical approach. Oxford, England: IRL Press, pp 145–161. , , .
- 1995. The heat capacity of proteins. Proteins Struc Fund Genet 22: 404–412. , , ,
- 1986. A fourier transform infrared investigation of the structural differences between ribonuclease A and ribonuclease S. Biochem Biophys Acta 874: 255–265. , ,
- 1971. Thermodynamics of the binding of S-peptide to S-protein to form ribonuclease S. Biochemistry 10: 806–810. , , , .
- 1991. Collective motions in proteins; a covariance analysis of atomic fluctuations in molecular dynamics and normal modes simulations. Proteins 11: 205–217. ,
- 1989. On the orthogonal transformation used for structural comparisons. Acta Cryst A45: 208–210. .
- 1992. Refinement of the crystal structure of ribonuclease S. Comparison with and between the various ribonuclease A structures. Biochemistry 31: 12304–12314. , , , .
- 1956. Étude cinetique de l'action de la trypsine sur la β-lactoglobuline native ou dénaturée par la chaleur. Biochim Biophys Acta 22: 72–87.
- 1983. Measurement of the refolding combination reaction between S-peptide and S-protein. Biochemistry 22: 321–326. , , , .
- 1971. The interpretation of protein structures: Estimation of static accessibility. J Mol Biol 55: 379–400. , .
- 1991. Contribution to the thermodynamics of protein folding from the reduction in water-accessible non-polar surface area. Biochemistry 30: 4237–4244. , , .
- 1992. Simulations of thermal denaturation of hen egg white lysozyme: Trapping of the molten globule state. Biochemistry 31: 7745–7748. , .
- 1994. Specificity of trypsin digestion and conformational flexibility at different sites of unfolded lysozyme. Biopolymers 34: 217–226. , , , ,
- 1963. Structural studies of ribonuclease. VIII. Tryptic hydrolysis of ribonuclease A at elevated temperatures. Biochemistry 2: 432–437. , , .
- 1984. Kinetics of tryptic hydrolysis of the arg-val bond in folded and unfolded ribonuclease T1. Biochem J 219: 411–417. , .
- 1991. AMBER v 4.0. University of California, San Francisco. , , , , , , .
- 1993. The calcium binding protein of Entamoeba histolytica: Expression in E. coli and immunological characterization. Cell & Mol Biol Res 39: 167–175. , ,
- 1988. Stability of protein structure and hydrophobic interaction. Adv Prot Chem 39: 191–234. , .
- 1957. Modified bovine serum albumin. III. Hydrolysis studies with trypsin, chymotrypsin and pepsin. Arch Biochem Biophys 70: 185–204. , .
- 1959. The preparation of subtilisin-modified ribonuclease and the seperation of the peptide and protein components. J Biol Chem 234: 1459–1465. , .
- 1971. Bovine pancreatic ribonuclease. The Enzymes 4: 647–806. , .
- 1981. Hydrogen exchange from identified regions of the S-protein component of ribonuclease as a function of temperature, pH, and the binding of S-peptide. J Mol Biol 145: 835–850. , .
- 1995. Protein fragments as models for events in protein folding pathways: Protein engineering analysis of the association of two complementary fragments of the barley chymotrypsin inhibitor (CI-2). Biochemistry 34: 1695–1701. , , , .
- 1977. Numerical integration of the cartesian equations of motion of a system with constraints: Molecular dynamics simulations of n-alkanes. J Comput Phys 23: 327–341. , , .
- 1993. High resolution three dimensional structure of ribonuclease A in solution by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. J Mol Biol 229: 722–734. , , , , , ,
- 1976. Concentration dependent hydrogen exchange kinetics of 3H-labelled S-peptide in ribonuclease S. J Mol Biol 105: 409–426. , .
- 1977. Heat capacity and entropy changes in processes involving proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 74: 2236–2240. .
- 1986. Complementation in folding and fragment exchange. Methods Enzymol 131: 185–217. , , ,
- 1992. Crystallographic structures of ribonuclease S variants with non-polar substitutions at position 13: Packing and cavities. Biochemistry 31: 12315–12327. , .
- 1992. Heat capacity changes for protein-peptide interactions in the ribonuclease S system. Biochemistry 31: 1421–1426. , , , .
- 1993. Differential stability of β-sheets and α-helices in β-lactamase: A high temperature molecular dynamics of unfolding intermediates. Biophys J 65: 2304–2312. , , , .
- 1989. Rapid measurement of binding constants and heats of binding using a new titration calorimeter. Anal Bio-chem 179: 131–137. , , ,
- 1988. Structure of phosphate free ribonuclease A refined at 1.2 Å. Biochemistry 27: 2705–2717. , , , .
- 1971. Studies of hydrogen exchange in proteins. V. The correlation of ribonuclease exchange kinetics with the temperature induced transition. J Biol Chem 246: 4105–4113. ,