For The Record
SAM as a protein interaction domain involved in developmental regulation
Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1997 The Protein Society
Volume 6, Issue 1, pages 249–253, January 1997
How to Cite
Schultz, J., Bork, P., Ponting, C. P. and Hofmann, K. (1997), SAM as a protein interaction domain involved in developmental regulation. Protein Science, 6: 249–253. doi: 10.1002/pro.5560060128
- Issue published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 OCT 1996
- Manuscript Received: 28 AUG 1996
- 1990. Basic local alignment search tool. J Mol Biol 215: 403–410. , , , , .
- 1994. Signal propagation and regulation in the mating pheromone response pathway of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Dev Biol 166: 363–379. , , ,
- 1996. Identification of Ste4 as a potential regulator of Byr2 in the sexual response pathway of Schizosac-charomyces pombe. Mol Cell Biol 16: 5597–5603. , , ,
- 1996. Associations among PH and SH3 domain-containing proteins and Rho-type GTPases in yeast. J Cell Biol 133: 879–894. , , , , ,
- 1996. PairWise and Search Wise: Finding the optimal alignment in a simultaneous comparison of a protein profile against all DNA translation frames. Nucleic Acids Res 24: 2730–2739. , , .
- 1996. Applying motif and profile searches. Meth Enzvmol 266: 162–184. ,
- 1996. The Drosophila Polycomb group gene Sex comb on midleg (Scm) encodes a zinc finger protein with similarity to polyhomeotic protein. Development 122: 1621–1630. , ,
- 1992. The polyhomeotic gene of Drosophila encodes a chromatin protein that shares polytene chromosome-binding sites with Polycomb. Genes Dev 6: 223–232. , , , .
- 1994. Receptor protein-tyrosine kinases and their signal transduction pathways. Annu Rev Cell Biol 10: 251–337. , , .
- 1987. Profile analysis: Detection of distantly related proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 84: 4355–4358. , ,
- 1987. A novel putative tyrosine kinase receptor encoded by the eph gene. Science 238: 1717–1720. , , , ,
- 1996. Bidirectional signalling through the EPH-family receptor Nuk and its transmembrane ligands. Nature 383: 722–725. , , , ,
- 1992. Contact and adhesive specificities in the associations, migrations, and targeting of cells and axons. Cell 68: 303–322. , .
- 1993. Identification of protein-tyrosine kinase genes preferentially expressed in embryo stomach and gastric cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 194: 698–705. , , , , ,
- 1995. Molecular cloning of SLP-76, a 76-kDa tyrosine phosphoprotein associated with Grb2 in T cells. J Biol Chem 270: 7029–7032. , , , , , , , .
- 1992. Signal transduction from cell surface to nucleus in development and disease. FASEB J 6: 2581–2590.
- 1994. Overexpression of ERK, an EPH family receptor protein tyrosine kinase, in various human tumors. Cancer Res 54: 3645–3650. , , , , , , , , ,
- 1995. Localized Bicaudal-C RNA encodes a protein containing a KH domain, the RNA binding motif of FMR1. EMBO J 14: 2043–2055. , , .
- 1994. Complexes between STE5 and components of the pheromone-responsive mitogen-activated protein kinase module. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91: 7762–7766. , , ,
- 1996. Yeast src homology region 3 domain-binding proteins involved in bud formation. J Cell Biol 733: 865–878. , , ,
- 1993. Functional homology of protein kinases required for sexual differentiation in Schizosaccharomyces pombe and Saccharomyces cerevisiae suggests a conserved signal transduction module in eukaryotic organisms. Mol Biol Cell 4: 107–120. , , , , , ,
- 1994. Isolation and characterization of retinoic acid-inducible cDNA clones in F9 cells: One of the early inducible clones encodes a novel protein sharing several highly homologous regions with a Drosophila Polyhomeotic protein. Differentiation 57: 39–50. , ,
- 1995. Characterization of a novel Src-like adapter protein that associates with the Eck receptor tyrosine kinase. J Biol Chem 270: 19201–19204. , , .
- 1995. SAM: A novel motif in yeast sterile and Drosophila polyhomeotic proteins. Protein Sci 4: 1928–1930. .
- 1996. A novel family of ras binding domains. Trends Biochem Sci (in press). , .
- 1995. DHR domains in syntrophins, neuronal NO synthases and other intracellular proteins. Trends Biochem Sci 20: 102–103. ,
- 1994. PHD—An automatic mail server for protein secondary structure prediction. Comput Appl Biosci 10: 53–60. , ,
- 1996. Molecular cloning of a novel diacylglycerol kinase isozyme with a pleckstrin homology domain and a C-terminal tail similar to those of the EPH family of protein-tyrosine kinases. J Biol Chem 271: 8394–8401. , , ,
- 1991. Female sterile mutations on the second chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster. II. Mutations blocking oogenesis or altering egg morphology. Genetics 129: 1119–1136. ,
- 1995. The LAR transmembrane protein tyrosine phosphatase and a coiled-coil LAR-interacting protein co-localize at focal adhesions. EMBO J 14: 2827–2838. , , , , ,
- 1996. Ligand activation of ELK receptor tyrosine kinase promotes its association with Grb10 and Grb2 in vascular endothelial cells. J Biol Chem 277: 23588–23593. , , .
- 1990. Developmentally regulated protein-tyrosine kinase genes in Dictyostelium discoideum. Mol Cell Biol 10: 3578–3583. , .
- 1994. CLUSTAL W: Improving the sensitivity of progressive multiple sequence alignment through sequence weighting, position-specific gap penalties and weight matrix choice. Nucleic Acids Res 22: 4673–4680. , , .
- 1994. eph, the largest known family of putative growth factor receptors. Br J Cancer 69: 417–421. , .
- 1995. Identification of full-length and truncated forms of Ehk-3, a novel member of the Eph receptor tyrosine kinase family. Oncogene 10: 1573–1580. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Function of the Eph-related kinase rtkl in patterning of the zebrafish forebrain. Nature 381: 391–322. , , , ,