For the Record
P100, a transcriptional coactivator, is a human homologue of staphylococcal nuclease
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1997 The Protein Society
Volume 6, Issue 2, pages 459–463, February 1997
How to Cite
Ponting, C. P. (1997), P100, a transcriptional coactivator, is a human homologue of staphylococcal nuclease. Protein Science, 6: 459–463. doi: 10.1002/pro.5560060224
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 NOV 1996
- Manuscript Received: 24 OCT 1996
- 1995. NMR structure of a stable “OB-fold” sub-domain isolated from Staphylococcal nucle-ase. J Mol Biol 250: 134–143. , , ,
- 1996. The conjugal transfer system of Agrobacterium tumefaciens octopine-type Ti plasmids is closely related to the transfer system of an IncP plasmid and distantly related to Ti plasmid vir genes. J Bacterial 178: 4248–4257. , , , , , .
- 1994. Issues in searching molecular sequence databases. Nature Genet 6: 119–129. , , , .
- 1993. Analysis of the Rhizobium meliloti genes exoU, exoV, exoW, exoT, and exol involved in exopolysaccharide biosynthesis and nodule invasion: exoU and exoW probably encode glucosyltransferases. Mol Plant Microbe Interact 6: 735–744. , , , , ,
- 1996. PairWise and SearchWise: Finding the optimal alignment in a simultaneous comparison of a protein profile against all DNA translation frames. Nucl Acids Res 24: 2730–2739. , , .
- 1996. Complete genome sequence of the methanogenic archeon, Methanococcus jannaschii. Science 271: 1058–1073. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1992. Nucleotide sequence of a nuc gene encoding the thermonuclease of Staphylococcus intermedius. Nucl Acids Res 20: 5232–5232. ,
- 1994. Primary structure and biological features of a thermostable nuclease isolated from Staphylococcus hyicus. Gene 145: 41–41. ,
- 1992. A gene near the plasmid pSa origin of replication encodes a nuclease. Mol Microbiol 6: 521–527. , .
- 1978. Staphylococcal nuclease: Proposed mechanism of action based on structure of enzyme-thymidine 3′,5′-bisphosphate-calcium ion complex at 1.5-Å resolution. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 76: 2551–2555. , , .
- 1967a. Catalytic properties and specificity of the extracellular nuclease of Staphylococcus aureus. J Biol Chem 242: 1541–1547. , , .
- 1967b. The binding of nucleotides and calcium to the extracellular nuclease of Staphylococcus aureus. Studies by gel filtration. J Biol Chem 242: 3063–3067. , , .
- 1990. Partitioning of broad-host-range plasmid RP4 is a complex system involving site-specific recombination. J Bacteriol 172: 6194–6203. , ,
- 1992. Contributions of the polar, uncharged amino acids to the stability of Staphylococcal nuclease: Evidence for mutational effects on the free energy of the denatured state. Biochemistry 31: 5717–5728. , ,
- 1987. Profile analysis: Detection of distantly related proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 84: 4355–4358. , ,
- 1993. A method to recognize distant repeats in protein sequences. Proteins: Struct Fund Genet 17: 391–411. ,
- 1991. The crystal structure of Staphylococcal nuclease refined at 1.7 Å resolution. Proteins: Struct Fund Genet 70: 92–105. , .
- 1993. Probing the mechanism of Staphylococcal nuclease with unnatural amino acids: Kinetic and structural studies. Science 261: 1578–1581. , , , , .
- 1993. Detecting subtle sequence signals: A Gibbs sampling strategy for multiple alignment. Science 262: 208–214. , , , , , .
- 1994. Crystal structures of the binary Ca2+ and pdTp complexes and the ternary complex of the Asp21 -> Glu mutant of Staphylococcal nuclease. Implications for catalysis and ligand binding. Biochemistry 33: 8007–8016. , , .
- 1989. The crystal structure of the ternary complex of Staphylococcal nuclease, Ca2+, and the inhibitor pdTp, refined at 1.65 A. Proteins: Struct Fund Genet 5: 183–201. , .
- 1994. The large nonsymbiotic plasmid pRmeGR4a of Rhizobium meliloti GR4 encodes a protein involved in replication that has homology with the REPC protein of Agrobacterium plasmids. Plasmid 32: 75–79. ,
- 1993. OB (oligonucleotide/oligosaccharide binding)-fold: Common structural and functional solution for non-homologous sequences. EMBO J 12: 861–867. .
- 1997. Tudor domains in proteins that interact with RNA. Trends Biochem Sci. In press. .
- 1992. Plant cDNA similar to a bacterial plasmid partition locus. Plant Physiol 99: 777–778. , ,
- 1991. A workbench for multiple alignment construction and analysis. Proteins: Struct Fund Genet 9: 180–190. , , .
- 1990. Contributions of the large hydrophobic amino acids to the stability of Staphylococcal nuclease. Biochemistry 29: 8033–8041. , , .
- 1994. Detection of conserved segments in proteins: Iterative scanning of sequence databases with alignment blocks. Proc Natl Acad. Sci USA 97: 12091–12095. , , .
- 1994a. Improved sensitivity of profile searches through the use of sequence weights and gap excision. Comput Applic Biosci 10: 19–30. , , .
- 1994b. CLUSTAL-W-Improving the sensitivity of progressive multiple sequence alignment through sequence weighting, position-specific gap penalties, and weight matrix choice. Nucl Acids Res 22: 4673–4680. , , .
- 1995. The Epstein-Barr virus nuclear protein 2 acidic domain forms a complex with a novel cellular coactivator that can interact with TFIIE. Mol Cell Biol 15: 4135–4744. , , , ,
- 1989. Staphylococcal nuclease-sequential assignments and solution structure. Biochemistry 28: 5509–5524. , ,
- 1978. Staphylococcal nuclease reviewed: A prototypic study in contemporary enzymology. I. Isolation, physical, and enzymatic properties. Mol Cell Biochem 22: 67–77. , , .
- 1979a. Staphylococcal nuclease reviewed: A prototypic study in contemporary enzymology. II. Solution studies of the nucleotide binding site and the effects of nucleotide binding. Mol Cell Biochem 23: 3–17. , , .
- 1979b. Staphylococcal nuclease reviewed: A prototypic study in contemporary enzymology. III. Correlation of the three-dimensional structure with the mechanisms of enzymatic action. Mol Cell Biochem 23: 67–86. , , .
- 1990. 2-dimensional NMR-studies of staphylococcal nuclease. 1. Sequence-specific assignments of signals and solution structure of the nuclease H124L-thymidine 3′,5′-bisphosphate-Ca2+ ternary complex? Biochemistry 29: 88–101 , , .
- 1992. NMR docking of a substrate into the X-ray structure of Staphylococcal nuclease. Proteins: Struct Fund Genet 73: 275–287. , , , , , .
- 1993. NMR docking of the competitive inhibitor thymidine 3′,5′-diphosphate into the X-ray structure of Staphylococcal nuclease. Proteins: Struct Funct Genet 77: 20–35. , , , , .
- 1994. 2.2 Mb of contiguous nucleotide sequence from chromosome III of C. elegans. Nature 368: 32–38. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 1990. Towards a natural system of organisms: Proposal for the domains Archaea, Bacteria, and Eucarya. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 87: 4576–4579. , , .
- 1990. Nucleotide sequence of the promoter-distal region of the tra operon of plasmid R100, including tral (DNA helicase I) and traD genes. J Mol Biol 214: 39–53. , ,