This article was originally presented at the 8th Global Congress on Process Safety, Houston, TX, April 1–4, 2012
The PSV That Did Not Fail—Misconceptions About PSVs
Article first published online: 8 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Process Safety Progress
Volume 32, Issue 1, pages 84–89, March 2013
How to Cite
Hagey, E. (2013), The PSV That Did Not Fail—Misconceptions About PSVs. Proc. Safety Prog., 32: 84–89. doi: 10.1002/prs.11557
- Issue published online: 25 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 8 FEB 2013
- 2API STD 521/ISO 23251. Pressure-Relieving and Depressuring Systems. 5th Ed, 2007.
- 3ASME/BPVC Section VIII Division 1. Rules for construction of Pressure Vessels, UG-125 to UG-140 Overpressure Protection, 2010.
- 4ASME/BPVC Section VIII Division 1. Non-mandatory Appendix M, Installation and operation, 2010.
- 5API RP 520 Part II—Sizing, Selection, and Installation of Pressure-Relieving Devices in Refineries. Part II—Installation, 2011.
- 6Relief device inlet piping: beyond the 3 percent rule, Hydrocarbon Processing 90 (2011), 59–66., , and ,