This article was originally presented under the title “Guidelines for Evaluating the Likelihood of Ignition of Released Flammable Masses” at the 9th Global Congress on Process Safety, San Antonio, TX, 29 April to 1 May 2013.
Guidelines for determining the probability of ignition of a released flammable mass
Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2013
© 2013 American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Process Safety Progress
Volume 33, Issue 1, pages 19–25, March 2014
How to Cite
Stack, B., Sepeda, A. and Moosemiller, M. (2014), Guidelines for determining the probability of ignition of a released flammable mass. Proc. Safety Prog., 33: 19–25. doi: 10.1002/prs.11648
Note: To avoid confusion, definitions of the following terms as used for the purposes of this article are provided below.
Frequency: The rate at which a certain event occurs, expressed in terms of events per unit time (e.g., “explosions per year”), Probability: The odds or expectations that a certain event will occur, given a stated starting point (e.g., the probability that I roll a “3” on a single die is 1/6). The units of probability are dimensionless, Likelihood: A term that can be used in place of either “frequency” or “probability,” and generally both in the context of this paper.
- Issue online: 14 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 3 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 12 AUG 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!