Walter B. Howard is a process safety consultant specializing in use of chemical engineering technology in process hazard analysis, process accident prevention, and process accident investigation. He has a Ph.D. degree from The University of Texas. After a number of years on the staff of U.T. he joined Monsanto Co. in 1952. For 16 years he was corporate manager, process safety, for Monsanto until retirement in 1981. He is a Fellow member of ICheml and AIChE, was a member of AIChE Council 1969–1971, and was chairman of the AIChE National Program Committee. He is a chartered engineer in England and a licensed professional engineer in Texas.
Efficient time use to achieve safety of processes or “we ain't farmin' as good as we know how”
Version of Record online: 17 JUN 2004
Copyright © 1984 American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Volume 3, Issue 3, pages 129–132, July 1984
How to Cite
Howard, W. B. (1984), Efficient time use to achieve safety of processes or “we ain't farmin' as good as we know how”. Plant/Oper. Prog., 3: 129–132. doi: 10.1002/prsb.720030303
- Issue online: 17 JUN 2004
- Version of Record online: 17 JUN 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!