Trevor Kletz studied chemistry at Liverpool University and joined ICI in 1944. His first seven years were spent on research, mainly on infra-red spectroscopy, and in 1952 he was transferred to Oil Works as manager of the iso-octane plant. He remained in Oil Works, apart from a two-year spell in Technical Department, until 1967 carrying out various jobs and gradually working his way up to assistant works manager. In 1968 he was appointed Petrochemicals Division's first technical safety adviser with particular responsibility for process safety. He has taken special interest in the application of quantitative methods to safety problems. He retired from ICI in 1982 and joined The University of Technology, Loughborough.
The flixborough explosion — ten years later
Article first published online: 17 JUN 2004
Copyright © 1984 American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Volume 3, Issue 3, pages 133–135, July 1984
How to Cite
Kletz, T. A. (1984), The flixborough explosion — ten years later. Plant/Oper. Prog., 3: 133–135. doi: 10.1002/prsb.720030304
- Issue published online: 17 JUN 2004
- Article first published online: 17 JUN 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!