D. W. Sallet received his engineering education in the U.S. and in Germany, finishing with a Ph.D. in Engineering Science from the University of Stuttgart, Germany, in 1966. He is a Registered Professional Engineer. Dr. Sallet joined the University of Maryland in 1967 where he is currently Professor of Mechanical Engineering. Professor Sallet's research and consulting activities lie in the general areas of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and heat transfer; specific areas include valve fluid dynamics, safety systems for chemical and power reactors, the transport of liquefied gases and multiphase fluid flow problems. He has published extensively and consults and gives expert testimony frequently in his fields of research.
Flow capacity and response of safety relief valves to saturated water flow
Article first published online: 17 JUN 2004
Copyright © 1985 American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Volume 4, Issue 4, pages 207–216, October 1985
How to Cite
Sallet, D. W. and Somers, G. W. (1985), Flow capacity and response of safety relief valves to saturated water flow. Plant/Oper. Prog., 4: 207–216. doi: 10.1002/prsb.720040405
- Issue published online: 17 JUN 2004
- Article first published online: 17 JUN 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!