Article first published online: 9 AUG 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Pest Management Science published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of Society of Chemical Industry.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Pest Management Science
Volume 69, Issue 11, pages 1199–1204, November 2013
How to Cite
Miller, T. A. (2013), Delivery. Pest. Manag. Sci., 69: 1199–1204. doi: 10.1002/ps.3606
- Issue published online: 4 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 9 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 JUL 2013 12:27PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 29 MAY 2013
- 1Rachel Carson and the adaptation of biotechnology to crop protection. Am Entomol 50:194–198 (2004).,
- 2The spread of genetic constructs in natural insect populations, in Genetically Engineered Organisms, Assessing Environmental and Human Health Effects, ed. by Letourneau DK and Burrows BE. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, pp. 251–314 (2002).and ,
- 5Bayer to phase out use of Temik. Crop Production. [Online]. (November 2010). Available: http://magissues.farmprogress.com/MDS/MS11Nov10/mds024.pdf [29 July 2013].,
- 6Protecting the bees. Chem Eng News 90(October):28–29 (2012).,
- 12Portland, OR, 33 pp. (2012)., , , , , et al. Are neonicotinoids killing bees? A review of research into the effects of neonicotinoid insecticides on bees, with recommendations for action. The Xerxes Society of Invertebrate Conservation,
- 14Curtailing honeybee losses. Chem Eng News 91(March):30–31 (2013).,
- 19Male sterilization for the control of insects. Adv Pest Control Res 3:1–25 (1960).,
- 20Effect of low levels of gamma irradiation on longevity and sterility of the boll weevil. SW Entomol 5:112–117 (1980)., and ,
- 22Towards genetic transformation of the pink bollworm (Pectinophora gossypiella, Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae): assembling a vector system and cloning of a notch homologue. PhD Dissertation, University of California, Riverside, CA, 129 pp. (1998).,
- 25Bugs in the system? Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology, Washington, DC (2004).
- 26Symbiotic control in agriculture and medicine. Symbiosis 44:67–73 (2007).,
- 29Regulatory experiences in symbiotic control of Pierce's disease, in Regulation of Agricultural Biotechnology, ed. by Wozniak C and McHughen A. Springer, Dordrecht/New York, pp. 103–122 (2012).,
- 30Random Thoughts on Recombinant Insects. NOVA Science Publishers, Hauppauge, NY, 166 pp. (2012).,
- 31Tale of a transgenic tool. Agrichemical and Environmental News, No. 182. [Online]. (June 2001). Available: http://www.tricity.wsu.edu/aenews/June01AENews/June01AENews.htm#anchor5338542 [29 July 2013].and ,
- 32Controle Biológico IV, ed. by Melo IS and de Azevedo JL. Embrapa, Jaguariuna, Brazil (2007)., and , Controle simbiótico de pragas e doenças, in
- 34Potential use of a conditional lethal transgenic pink bollworm Pectinophora gossypiella in area-wide eradication or suppression programmes, in Area-Wide Control of Insect Pests: from Research to Field Implementation, ed. by Vreysen MJB, Robinson AS and Hendrichs J. Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, pp. 119–123 (2007)., , , , , et al,
- 36Use of genetically engineered fruit fly and pink bollworm in APHIS plant pest control programs. Final Environmental Impact Statement, United States Department of Agriculture, Marketing and Regulatory Programs, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (2008).
- 382012)., Pink bollworm eradication technical support, systems development, program evaluation and onsite support. 2012 Final Report, Cotton Incorporated Project 06–762 (
- 39Winged promises: exploring the discourse on transgenic mosquitoes in Brazil. Technology in Society. 35(2):118–128 [Online]. (2013). Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.techsoc.2013.01.006and ,
- 41Let hi-tech genetically modified insects counter dengue. Am Inst. Biol Sci 61:586–587 (2011).,
- 42Not just a human zoo. Commentary under Editor's choice page of 12 April 2013 issue of Science reporting on an article from J Wildl Dis (2013).