Current state of herbicides in herbicide-resistant crops
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2014
© 2014 Society of Chemical Industry
Pest Management Science
Special Issue: Global Herbicide Resistance Challenge
Volume 70, Issue 9, pages 1351–1357, September 2014
How to Cite
Green, J. M. (2014), Current state of herbicides in herbicide-resistant crops. Pest. Manag. Sci., 70: 1351–1357. doi: 10.1002/ps.3727
- Issue published online: 17 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 JAN 2014 10:36AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 8 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 28 OCT 2013
- 1Lords of the Harvest: Biotech, Big Money, and the Future of Food. Perseus Publishing, Cambridge, MA, 348 pp. (2001).,
- 3Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK, 235 pp. (2011).and , and .
- 4World Population Prospects, the 2010 Revision. [Online]. Population Division, Population Estimates and Projections Section, United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Rome (2011). Available: http://esa.un.org/unpd/wpp/index.htm [7 April 2013].
- 6International Survey of Herbicide Resistant Weeds. [Online]. Weed Science Society of America (2013). Available: http://www.weedscience.org. [1 November 2013].,
- 10The World of Herbicides, According to HRAC Classification on the Mode of Action 2010. [Online]. Herbicide Resistance Action Committee. Available: http://www.hracglobal.com/Portals/5/moaposter.pdf [accessed 1 November 2013].
- 12Phillips McDougall AgriService. [Online]. Available: http://phillipsmcdougall.com [accessed 7 July 2011].
- 13Innovation: changing trends in herbicide discovery. Outlooks Pest Manag 23:115–118 (2012).,
- 15Thirty years of herbicide discovery: surveying the past and contemplating the future. Agrow (Silver Jubilee Edition) VII–IX (2010).,
- 17Inhibitors of valine, leucine, and isoleucine biosynthesis, in Plant Amino Acids, ed. by Singh BK. Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, pp. 385–416 (1999).and ,
- 20Global status of commercialized biotech/GM crops: 2012. Brief No. 44, ISAAA, Ithaca, NY (2012).,
- 212013 Crop Acreage. [Online]. United States Department of Agriculture – National Agricultural Statistics Service (USDA-ARS) (2013). Available: http://usda01.library.cornell.edu/usda/current/Acre/Acre-06-28-2013.pdf [2 July 2013].
- 22Overview: herbicide resistant crops – diffusion, benefits, pricing, and resistance management. AgBioForum 12:244–248 (2009)., and ,
- 23Global impact of biotech crops: environmental effects 1996–2009. GM Crops 2:34–49 (2011).and ,
- 25Gramoxone® Inteon: innovative formulation technology to reduce hazard potential. Abstr Weed Sci Soc Am 45:363 (2005)., , , and ,
- 27Glyphosate-resistant crops and weeds: now and in the future. AgBioForum 12:346–357 (2009).and ,
- 292012 Agricultural Chemical Use Survey – May 2015. [Online]. United States Department of Agriculture – National Agricultural Statistics Service (USDA-ARS) (2013). Available: http://www.nass.usda.gov/Surveys/Guide_to_NASS_Surveys/Chemical_Use/ChemUseHighlights-Soybeans-2012.pdf [3 June 2013].
- 30Adjuvants and glyphosate. Formul Sci 2:10–13 (2013).,
- 34Outlook on weed management in herbicide-resistant crops: need for diversification. Outlooks Pest Manag 22:100–104 (2011).,
- 36Glyphosate Resistant Weeds – Intensifying. [Online]. Stratus Agri-Marketing (2013). Available: http://www.stratusresearch.com/blog07.htm [11 November 2013].,
- 37Transitioning from single to multiple herbicide resistant crops, in Glyphosate Resistance in Crops and Weeds: History, Development, and Management, ed. by Nandula VK. Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, pp. 67–91 (2010).and ,
- 38Trait stacking in transgenic crops: challenges and opportunities. GM Crops 1:220–229 (2010)., , , , , et al.,
- 42Enlist Duo herbicide: a novel 2,4-D plus glyphosate premix formulation with low potential for off-target movement, in Pesticide Formulations and Delivery Systems. Vol. 32. Innovating Legacy Products for New Uses, ed. by Bernards ML. American Society for Testing Materials International, West Conshohocken, PA, pp. 125–161 (2013)., , , , , et al.,
- 43Introducing a new soybean event with glyphosate and HPPD tolerance. Abstr Weed Sci Soc Am 52:190 (2012)., , , and ,
- 44Development of next generation herbicide tolerant traits to enable enhanced weed management. Abstr Weed Sci Soc Am 53:279 (2013)., , , , , et al.,
- 48Bioherbicidal effects of Myrothecium verrucaria on glyphosate-resistant and -susceptible Palmer amaranth biotypes. Allelopathy J 31:367–376 (2013)., and ,
- 49Biopesticides. [Online]. Agrow (2013). Available: www.agrow.com [accessed 3 June 2013].
- 50Strategies for countering herbicide resistance. Abstr Weed Sci Soc Am 53:364 (2013)., , , , and ,