Supporting information may be found in the online version of this article.
Missing data in clinical trials: from clinical assumptions to statistical analysis using pattern mixture models†
Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 12, Issue 6, pages 337–347, November/December 2013
How to Cite
Ratitch, B., O'Kelly, M. and Tosiello, R. (2013), Missing data in clinical trials: from clinical assumptions to statistical analysis using pattern mixture models. Pharmaceut. Statist., 12: 337–347. doi: 10.1002/pst.1549
- Issue online: 11 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 26 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 FEB 2012
- 1European Medicines Agency.Guideline on missing data in confirmatory clinical trials, EMA/CPMP/EWP/1776/99 Rev. 1, 2 July 2010. http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/pages/includes/document/open_document.jsp?webContentId=WC500096793 (accessed 21 December 2012).
- 2National Research Council. Panel on Handling Missing Data in Clinical Trials. Committee on National Statistics, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education. The prevention and treatment of missing data in clinical trials, The National Academies Press: Washington, DC, 2010.
- 3Statistical analysis with missing data, (2nd edn). John Wiley and Sons, Inc.: New York, 2002., .
- 4Missing data in randomised controlled trials – a practical guide, 2007. Available at http://missingdata.lshtm.ac.uk/downloads/rm04_jh17_mk.pdf (accessed 23 January 2012)., .
- 6Analysis of longitudinal trials with protocol deviation:- a framework for relevant, accessible assumptions and inference via multiple imputation. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, accepted for publication., , .
- 7Multiple imputation for nonresponse in surveys. John Wiley and Sons, Inc.: New York, 1987..
- 8Missing data in clinical studies. John Wiley and Sons, Inc.: New York, 2007., .
- 9Pattern-mixture models for multivariate incomplete data. Journal of the American Statistical Association 1993 88:125–134..
- 10Selection and pattern-mixture models. In In Advances in longitudinal data analysis. Fitzmaurice G, Davidian M, Verbeke G, Molenberghs G (eds). CRC Press: London, 2008; 409–431..
- 14Analysis of incomplete multivariate data. Chapman and Hall: New York, 1997..
- 17Multiple imputation inferences with uncongenial sources of input. Statistical Science 1994 9(4):538–573..
- 21Implementation of pattern-mixture models using standard SAS/STAT procedures, PharmaSUG 2011). Available at http://pharmasug.org/proceedings/2011/SP/PharmaSUG-2011-SP04.pdf (accessed 24 August 2012)., .
- 23Hypotheses, Endpoints, and Analyses for Incomplete Longitudinal Clinical Trial Data. DIA: Chicago, IL, 22 June 2011. Available at http://diahome.org/Tools/Content.aspx?type=eopdf&file=%2Fproductfiles%2F23753%2F11001.pdf (accessed 21 December 2012)..