Letter to the Editor
The Effects of Panax Notoginseng Saponins (PNS) on the Activities of ‘Rat’ CYP2C9, CYP2D6 and CYP3A4
Article first published online: 2 OCT 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 28, Issue 1, pages 150–151, January 2014
How to Cite
Iba, M. M. (2014), The Effects of Panax Notoginseng Saponins (PNS) on the Activities of ‘Rat’ CYP2C9, CYP2D6 and CYP3A4. Phytother. Res., 28: 150–151. doi: 10.1002/ptr.5068
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 2 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 SEP 2013
- 1998. Chloroquine modulation of specific metabolizing enzymes activities: investigation with selective five drug-cocktail. Br J Clin Pharmacol 46: 215–219. , , , , .
- 2009. Influence of quinidine, cimetidine, and ketoconazole on the enantioselective pharmacokinetics and metabolism of metoprolol in rats. Chirality 21: 886–893. , , .
- 2013. Modeling Species Selectivity in Rat and Human Cytochrome P450 2D Enzymes. PLoS ONE 8: e63335.doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0063335 , , .
- 2010. Cytochrome P450-dependent toxicity of dapsone in human erythrocytes. J Appl Toxicol 30: 271–275. , , , .
- 2007. CYP2C8 and antimalaria drug efficacy. Pharmacogenomics 8: 187–198. , .
- 2012. Rat CYP2D2, not 2D1, is functionally conserved with human CYP2D6 in endogenous morphine formation. FEBS Lett 586: 1749–1753. , , .
- 2005. Cytochrome P-450 activity is differentially altered in severely injured patients. Crit Care Med 33: 541–546 , , , , .
- 1994. Monoacetyldapsone inhibition of dapsone N-hydroxylation by human and rat liver microsomes. Drug Metab Dispos 22: 161–164. , , , .
- 2003. Selectivities of human cytochrome P450 inhibitors toward rat P450 isoforms: study with cDNA-expressed systems of the rat. Drug Metab Dispos 31: 833–836. , , , .
- 2005. Pharmacokinetics and metabolism of metoprolol and propranolol in the female DA and female Wistar rat: the female DA rat is not always an animal model for poor metabolizers of CYP2D6. J Pharm Sci 94: 397–408. , .
- 2013. UPLC-MS-MS method for simultaneous determination of caffeine, tolbutamide, metoprolol, and dapsone in rat plasma and its application to cytochrome P450 activity study in rats. J Chromatogr Sci 51: 26–32. , , , , , .
- 2010. Effects of Flos carthami on CYP2D6 and on the Pharmacokinetics of Metoprolol in Rats. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011: 207076. doi: 10.1155/2011/207076. , , , , .
- 2012. Effects of panax notoginseng saponins on the activities of CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 in rats in vivo. Phytother Res 26: 1113–1118. , , , , , .
- 2006. Species differences between mouse, rat, dog, monkey and human CYP-mediated drug metabolism, inhibition and induction. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 2: 875–94. , , .
- 1989. The CYP2D gene subfamily: analysis of the molecular basis of the debrisoquine 4-hydroxylase deficiency in DA rats. Biochemistry 28: 7349–7355. , , , , , .
- 2009. The mechanism causing the difference in kinetic properties between rat CYP2D4 and human CYP2D6 in the oxidation of dextromethorphan and bufuralol. Biochem Pharmacol 77: 920–931. , , , et al.
- 2006. Cytochrome P450 nomenclature, 2004. Methods Mol Biol 320: 1–10. .
- 1999. Polymorphic debrisoquine 4-hydroxylase activity in the rat is due to differences in CYP2D2 expression. Pharmacogenetics 9: 357–66. , , , , , .
- 2013. CYP2A6 allele nomenclature. http://www.cypalleles.ki.se/cyp2d6.htm .
- 2008. Evaluation of protective effects of Chi-Zhi-Huang decoction on Phase I drug metabolism of liver injured rats by cocktail probe drugs. J Ethnopharmacol 117: 420–426. , , , , , .
- 2000. CYP2C8/9 mediate dapsone N-hydroxylation at clinical concentrations of dapsone. Drug Metab Dispos 28: 865–8. , , .
- 2008. Liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry method for simultaneous evaluation of activities of five cytochrome P450s using a five-drug cocktail and application to cytochrome P450 phenotyping studies in rats. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 871: 78–89. , , , , .