Bayesian design of control space for optimal assimilation of observations. Part II: Asymptotic solutions
Version of Record online: 17 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 Royal Meteorological Society
Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society
Special Issue: Geostationary Earth Radiation Budget Intercomparison of Longwave and Shortwave radiation (GERBILS)
Volume 137, Issue 658, pages 1357–1368, July 2011 Part A
How to Cite
Bocquet, M. and Wu, L. (2011), Bayesian design of control space for optimal assimilation of observations. Part II: Asymptotic solutions. Q.J.R. Meteorol. Soc., 137: 1357–1368. doi: 10.1002/qj.841
- Issue online: 25 JUL 2011
- Version of Record online: 17 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 APR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 1 APR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 30 SEP 2010
- 2005. Grid-resolution dependence in the reconstruction of an atmospheric tracer source. Nonlin. Proc. Geophys. 12: 219–233.
- 2009. Towards optimal choices of control space representation for geophysical data assimilation. Mon. Weather Rev. 137: 2331–2348.
- Bayesian design of control space for optimal assimilation of observations. Part I: Consistent multiscale formalism. 2011. Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc. 137: DOI: 10.1002/qj.837. , ,
- 1995. A limited-memory algorithm for bound constrianed optimization. SIAM J. Sci. Statist. Comput. 16: 1190–1208. , ,
- 2000. Inverse methods for atmospheric sounding. Series on Atmospheric, Oceanic and Planetary Physics, Vol. 2. World Scientific.
- 2006. Sensitivity analysis for mercury over Europe. J. Geophys. Res. 111: D14304. ,
- 2011. Constraining surface emissions of air pollutants using inverse modeling: Method intercomparison and a new two-step multiscale approach. Tellus B in press. , , ,
- United Nations. 1996. Protocol on the Comprehensive Nuclear TestBan Treaty. Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty: Vienna.